Windows 10: How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?

Discus and support How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DisastrousBet7320 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DisastrousBet7320, Jan 31, 2021.

1. How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?

/u/DisastrousBet7320, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Setting default program by file type

Welcome to Ten Forums Pearson240

See this tutorial, Option Two, Step 3.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse? [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse? [​IMG]

4. kormath Win User

How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?

1. How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse? - Similar Threads - default *all files*

2. how the **** do you change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how the **** do you change the default file explorer: how do i change the default file explorer or add it in the next update if its not a feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-do-you-change-the-default-file-explorer/1da6fb64-fdf4-4708-a433-45d80298873f
  3. how the **** do you change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how the **** do you change the default file explorer: how do i change the default file explorer or add it in the next update if its not a feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-do-you-change-the-default-file-explorer/1da6fb64-fdf4-4708-a433-45d80298873f
  4. How do you remove default apps by file type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove default apps by file type?: I downloaded a .rar file and then unknowingly I clicked automatically open in Adobe acrobat but I don’t want that. I don’t want it to automatically open in anything but I can’t seem to remove it and have nothing be an option for default .rar files :/ ugh submitted by...
  5. How do you reset the taskbar to default?

How do you reset the taskbar to default?: My taskbar has been changed to this weird, small icon type of thing and I can't change it back. Due to the settings being so limited. I can barely change a thing because of this. submitted by /u/displayname88 [link] [comments]...
  6. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  7. How do you change the default app for opening a single file?

How do you change the default app for opening a single file?: I've tried googling and searching the various subreddits. All the results are for how to change the default app for all files of a particular extension. How do you change the default app for opening a single file? In this case I want a particular .txt file to open with...
  8. how do you transfer all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you transfer all files: how do you transfer all my files. I am having a very hard time setting up this dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-transfer-all-files/157c24f4-9113-444e-968a-e73d305f5707"
  9. Why do you change my default programs? How dare you.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do you change my default programs? How dare you.: Stop changing my default settings to push your stupid monopoly of copied ideas and programs to try to monopolize every program. Your new windows mail program is terrible and I have already been using Outlook 2016. Why would you change my default corporate email program? Stop...
  10. How do you get file explorer to open libraries by default ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get file explorer to open libraries by default ?: I'm used to working with quite a few libraries in W8.1 and would like file explorer in W10 to directly go to the libraries view if possible rather than the 'quick access' screen. Can it be done ? 7180