Windows 10: How do you get "X:\Sources"?

Discus and support How do you get "X:\Sources"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to convert my disks from MBR to GPT, however, it did not work.I followed a guide on a website about solving this issue through disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kermix _, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Kermix _ Win User

How do you get "X:\Sources"?

I've been trying to convert my disks from MBR to GPT, however, it did not work.I followed a guide on a website about solving this issue through disk. This required me to assign one partition as letter : W, and the other as B:.Then the next step was to run the command "X:\Sources>dir /a W:\", but it tells me "X:\Sources us not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"And I realised I have my cmd as X:\windows\system32> and not X:\SourcesHow do I do this?Link to the guide page I'm following: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diskpart.com/gpt-mbr/mbr2gpt-

:)

Kermix _, Mar 31, 2023

2. HP - Windows 10 - X:\sources>bootrec/fixboot ---> Access is denied.

My wife's computer has crashed and will not reboot.

She gets a blue screen that has the error code 0xc0000034

I've tried following some steps I found online - How to Fix a 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' Error in Windows 10

I downloaded the MediaCreationTool on to a USB as suggested, plugged it in and followed the steps to the CMD Prompt.Here is what I get:

X:\sources>bootrec/fixmbr ---> The operation completed successfully.

X:\sources>bootrec/fixboot ---> Access is denied....

X:\sources>bootrec/rebuildbcd

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 1

[1] C:\Windows

Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A):a

The system cannot find the path specified.

I'm unsure of what to do next, please advise.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

BreakingDallas, Mar 31, 2023
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

How do you get "X:\Sources"? 49542d1485959863t-source-use-dism-windows-10-a-dis.jpg

topgundcp, Mar 31, 2023
  4. How do you get "X:\Sources"?

Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

How do you get "X:\Sources"?

1. How do you get "X:\Sources"? - Similar Threads - Sources

2. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  3. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  4. updates installing from a different source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updates installing from a different source: HelloMy windows has been compromised for like 2 - 3 years I have no idea how to fix this.here is a link https://youtu.be/wwbe6mU3R4cThis is a fresh install of windows 11Please how do get them off my pc?If you need anymore information I'll be happy to provide....
  5. updates installing from a different source

updates installing from a different source: HelloMy windows has been compromised for like 2 - 3 years I have no idea how to fix this.here is a link https://youtu.be/wwbe6mU3R4cThis is a fresh install of windows 11Please how do get them off my pc?If you need anymore information I'll be happy to provide....
  6. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  7. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  8. Printer does not source from cassette anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer does not source from cassette anymore: Hi there,Since the update to Windows 11 when printing, the printer stalls and indicates no paper in rear tray. However, I want to be able to feed the paper from the cassette. Even when selecting paper source: cassette, it won't let me do it.Could you please help?Printer is...
  9. Printer does not source from cassette anymore

Printer does not source from cassette anymore: Hi there,Since the update to Windows 11 when printing, the printer stalls and indicates no paper in rear tray. However, I want to be able to feed the paper from the cassette. Even when selecting paper source: cassette, it won't let me do it.Could you please help?Printer is...
  10. Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio only mutes when all other audio sources are muted.: Whenever I mute an app in Windows 10, the audio will still play as long as another app has audio playing. The YouTube video below shows me muting Minecraft, which will stay muted until I start the sound test for my headset.https://youtu.be/bKjd_Mi2rhsThe same issue happens if...