Windows 10: How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar?

Discus and support How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I can't find anything on it and find it hard to believe that it's not able to be hidden. I just want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aaabbbbccc, Nov 6, 2020.

1. How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar?

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I can't find anything on it and find it hard to believe that it's not able to be hidden. I just want to record the gameplay without having that popup on my screen the whole time. I tried enabling background recording, but it seems like that's for something else, although maybe I am missing something.

submitted by /u/aaabbbbccc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aaabbbbccc, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Game bar recording device.

I am trying to use Game Bar to record games on my new computer. The recordings come out fine, but I cannot get rid of the game bar in the upper left while it is recording, similar to this.

How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar? [​IMG]

I have gone to

Start: Settings: Gaming: Captures and had the switch for 'Record in the background while I'm playing a game' on and off, and neither one hides that obstructive game bar that still appears.

DuncanIdaho4, Nov 6, 2020
  4. How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar?

Game bar recording device.

Hi DuncanIdaho4,

I would suggest you refer to the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Uninstall and re-install Xbox app:

Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).

On the PowerShell window, copy-paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Xbox app | Remove-AppxPackage

Reboot the machine once the command is executed and reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store.

After the app is installed successfully, try hiding the recording timer.

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. M., Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar?

1. How do you hide the capture/record timer when recording with Game Bar? - Similar Threads - hide capture record

2. how to hide xbox game bar while recording?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to hide xbox game bar while recording?: Hello, I wanna hide Xbox game bar while recording Because of this new update.I seen these posts and I read all of the replies but cant understand still, Like in my settings there is no DVR.I Do not know someone please help me....
  3. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size: Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video...
  4. can you hide xbox game bar recording timer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you hide xbox game bar recording timer?: submitted by /u/S3cr3t1ng [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mr9dk4/can_you_hide_xbox_game_bar_recording_timer/
  5. can you hide xbox game bar recording timer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you hide xbox game bar recording timer?: submitted by /u/S3cr3t1ng [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mr9dfw/can_you_hide_xbox_game_bar_recording_timer/
  6. How to hide the recording timer while using Windows Game Capturing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the recording timer while using Windows Game Capturing?: Hello I wanted to hide the recording timer on screen while I am playing and recording the gameplay using Windows Game Capturing. I searched all around the settings to hide it but couldn't find any settings. [ATTACH] This is for an example about my problem, here in this...
  7. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  8. Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Capture: Audio Failed to Record: I recently attempted to record a lengthy screen capture ~2 hours using Game Bar's Capture feature. I ensured only one window was open so that it would record the correct content, and I also checked that the audio devices were selected properly so that my PC's internal audio...
  9. How to hide game bar recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide game bar recording: Hello. So gamebar and its features are cool and all but can't see myself play shooters or any game in general with this on. Any way to hide it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-game-bar-recording/85696b40-1f15-4c98-ad85-ba04eaf3c2ae
  10. GAME bar cannot hide the recording time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GAME bar cannot hide the recording time: When I press Win+Alt+t to hide recording time, it doesn’t work. It is really annoying because hinders my work. I install all Windows updates. How can I hide the recording time? I use the gamebar with Fl studio 20...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide xbox record timer