Windows 10: how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

Discus and support how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a software that identifies it? i have some users who report slow performance on their laptops, but they are usually working from home. ill go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tech Support Imagine, Nov 10, 2023.

1. how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

Is there a software that identifies it? i have some users who report slow performance on their laptops, but they are usually working from home. ill go in and troubleshoot their laptops but i think its a waste of time if its only their network and not the laptop. Most of them want new laptops and i can't give them laptops when they want.

:)

Tech Support Imagine, Nov 10, 2023

2. Slow Internet Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and let us know the end result.

As an additional information, you can refer this article:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7, but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 10, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 10, 2023
  4. how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 10, 2023
Thema:

how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

1. how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue? - Similar Threads - identify laptop slow

2. how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?: Is there a software that identifies it? i have some users who report slow performance on their laptops, but they are usually working from home. ill go in and troubleshoot their laptops but i think its a waste of time if its only their network and not the laptop. Most of them...
  3. how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you identify a laptop slow performance. Is it the network or a laptop issue?: Is there a software that identifies it? i have some users who report slow performance on their laptops, but they are usually working from home. ill go in and troubleshoot their laptops but i think its a waste of time if its only their network and not the laptop. Most of them...
  4. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  5. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  6. Laptop Slow Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow Performance: Hello, I have an old HP Pavilion iCore 3 laptop which I bought in 2010. All good and upgraded to Windows 10 but it starts real slow and I have a lot of registry errors. Have Norton installed and clean it up regularly but I need my PC to run a lot faster and improve its...
  7. SLOW!! Laptop performance

SLOW!! Laptop performance: My laptop has been updating like crazy......what? I haven't the slightest idea. However about 2 days ago it began slowing down when logging off, logging on 20+ mins and everything in between. Not quite sure what direction to take - reset to factory; Fresh Start; recovery...
  8. Laptop performance slows down

Laptop performance slows down: Dear Sir, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series . After this recent update to windows 10 it slows down i am fed up with its performance despite intel pentium processor & 4GB RAM. Please advice what should i do or Should i call for Dell Support so that my problem could be...
  9. Slow laptop performance

Slow laptop performance: Hi, these days my laptop's running slower than usual. it's harder to open apps quickly, and apps like Telegram Desktop take a few minutes to open and that's a trouble waiting for it to open and always refreshing the desktop. I need my laptop to perform more faster and...
  10. Laptop Performance Issue

Laptop Performance Issue: Hi, I have a laptop with the following specs: [ATTACH] Is it abnormal for this laptop to be ABSURDLY slow? I have disabled all the "special effects" and still when I try to open the start menu, the laptop will freeze for a full 5-10 seconds before responding. I have tried...