Windows 10: how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER

Discus and support how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; UGH, this is such ****. How/where do I install/update/delete/throw in the river the touchpad driver on this p.o.s. Dell laptop running a clueless OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillDavis8, Oct 5, 2019.

1. how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER

UGH, this is such ****. How/where do I install/update/delete/throw in the river the touchpad driver on this p.o.s. Dell laptop running a clueless OS like Win 10? this is ridiculous

:)

BillDavis8, Oct 5, 2019

2. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2019
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2019
  4. how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER

1. how do you install a F(*r$& TOUCHPAD DRIVER - Similar Threads - install *r$& TOUCHPAD

2. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  3. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  4. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  5. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  6. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  7. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  8. Install Touchpad Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Touchpad Driver: Hello. I recently got my Lenovo Yoga2 11 back and had issues with the touchscreen and touchpad. I was able to update/add the correct driver for the touchscreen, but can't resolve the touchpad. Specifically, my touchpad moves and clicks, but does not drag/highlight. I...
  9. How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?: Hello, I tried to run system restore and it failed. Was told to run chkdsk /r which i did. However, my laptop had a broken screen and i can’t see what was going on as the external monitor is totally blank. It had been a few hours and i would like to stop the chkdsk /f /r....
  10. How do you Actiation you,r productkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you Actiation you,r productkey: How do you Actiation you,r productkey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-actiation-your-productkey/704f7e62-03d0-4495-ba22-4eb7f9b42f20