Windows 10: How do you install Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Discus and support How do you install Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and every time I try to install Windows 10, it shuts down in the middle of it and doesn't restart. I think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoisSmart, Nov 12, 2018.

1. LoisSmart Win User

How do you install Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

I have Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and every time I try to install Windows 10, it shuts down in the middle of it and doesn't restart. I think I updated the Bios correctly. What is causing this and how can I install Windows 10?

:)

LoisSmart, Nov 12, 2018

2. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 clear install

the list of lenovo windows 10 machines is here: Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List - FR

the discussion on the lenovo ymc service (related to sensors for tablet/tent mode) that conflict is here:

Solved: Yoga 2 Pro Tablet Mode Extremely Slow on Win 10 - Lenovo Community

I see no easy solution; if i could i would revert to 8 or 8.1 (files removed by the 10 upgrade). I can't use the machine in tent or tablet mode, and in laptop its functional but has lost apps and some programs/functionality.

it seems lenovo is too small a company to have its machines/sensors ready for windows 10.

Bill Martin ny, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro WIFI drama

I would like to install an Intel 7260ngw Dual Band WLAN card but my Yoga 2 BIOS insists that only the factory Intel 7260n will work. Why?

Note: this isn't a new issue, and I don't think it's a MS issue (there are suggestions it's a BIOS whitelist problem caused by Lenovo), but I can't resolve it with my machine and am looking for more resources...:

my original inspiration: How To Upgrade the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro’s Wireless Card

the card I bought (and techdad above used) which doesn't work for me:

Intel 7260NGW Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Wireless Card Replacement

Yoga 2 Pro WiFi Replacement Cards???? - Lenovo Community

Etc.

JeffNorville, Nov 12, 2018
  4. wwaaggyy Win User

Wifi issues Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10

I am having exactly the same issue. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Windows 10 installed but no wifi. W10 wifi driver from Lenovo website did not help.

wwaaggyy, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you install Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Similar Threads - install Lenovo Yoga

2. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I have an admittedly older Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop that has been working great until I upgraded to Windows 10 20H1 last year when it seemed to start randomly blue screening. In December I upgraded to 20H2 and the problem continued. Blue Screen View always shows caused by...
  3. how do I fix bluetooth on lenovo Yoga with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I fix bluetooth on lenovo Yoga with Windows 10?: After last Windows 10 update my Lenovo Yoga does not recognize my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I cannot turn Bluetooth devices on....
  4. Installing Netflix on a Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Netflix on a Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10: iI searched first on install problems with Netflix on Windows 10, but all the threads were old and I was told (suggested) to open a new thread. I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 900 recently and have been enjoying it. Still getting to get over the hump learning Windows 10. I have...
  5. Lenovo yoga pro 2 touch / mouse drivers with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo yoga pro 2 touch / mouse drivers with Windows 10: When I upgraded to Windows 10 my touch screen and wireless mouse became erratic, especially when the laptop was turning on from 'sleep mode'. I installed the latest touch drivers from Lenovo and Logiteck (the wireless mouse) but that did not resolve the issue. I rolled back...
  6. Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10: I just upgraded my Yoga 2 with Windows 8 factory to Windows 10. So far, it's extremely slow and lagy. Are there features I can turn off like I can in Windows 7 in the system advanced tab to speed up the system? Turn off all the animation stuff, etc... 6389
  7. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - doggy after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - doggy after sleep: I have a Yoga 2 Pro, i7, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD. After sleep from closing the lid, the system is very doggy and laggy. A reboot solves the issue but since that is not the speediest I'd rather not have to do it. I've tried waiting a bit after waking to see if it is...
  8. Yoga pro 2 unusable after windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yoga pro 2 unusable after windows 10: I have a Lenovo yoga 2 pro, and after downloading windows 10 I had been noticing that occasionally the screen would flash. Two days after the install, my screen flashes and turns off. It has not turned back on since. The keyboard is flashing, but neither it nor the mousepad...
  9. W10TP on a Yoga 2 Pro??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10TP on a Yoga 2 Pro??: I just got a new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro over the holidays. I got the i7 version. Has anyone installed W10TP as an upgrade on this unit? And if so, were there any gotchas with any of the default apps on the Yoga 2 Pro? Thanks. 3497
  10. Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop just over a year old. My Autistic little man was happily playing Roblox when it crashed. He turned it off and on again and the laptop says repairing disk errors and just stays like that day and night. So I have bought Windows 10 on USB as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wifi issues lenovo yoga 2 pro windows 10

2. newer version of bios for lenova yoga pro 2 to work with new wifi card

3. how to update yoga 2 pro to windows 10

4. install windows 10 1903 in lenovo yoga 2,
  5. install windows 10 on lenovo yoga,
  6. yoga pro 2 install windows 10,
  7. lenovo yoga windows 8.1 pro update,
  8. lenovo yoga 2 windows 10 installation