Windows 10: How do you install wordpad.

Discus and support How do you install wordpad. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have wordpad but then I accidentally deleted it. How do you install it back. I searched it up on the internet but they tell me to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DoggyIsAwesomee, Jan 13, 2021.

1. How do you install wordpad.

I used to have wordpad but then I accidentally deleted it. How do you install it back. I searched it up on the internet but they tell me to go to

settings->apps & features->optional features->add a feature

However for me in "add a feature" there is no wordpad option. How can I download this.

:)

DoggyIsAwesomee, Jan 13, 2021
  2. namitakrs Win User

WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

How do you install wordpad. [​IMG]

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, Jan 13, 2021
  3. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Jan 13, 2021
  4. How do you install wordpad.

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How do you install wordpad.

1. How do you install wordpad. - Similar Threads - install wordpad

2. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  3. Microsoft removes WordPad from clean installs of Windows 11 Canary Builds, and you cannot...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes WordPad from clean installs of Windows 11 Canary Builds, and you cannot...: Microsoft has begun the removal of WordPad from Windows 11 Insider Program. The app is no longer available on clean installs of the Canary Channel Builds. This is not surprising, as the company had previously confirmed in September 2023, that the legacy rich text editor has...
  4. Re-install WordPad

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Re-install WordPad: Hi! My brother accidentally deleted WordPad on my computer, and now I can't seem to re-install it... It also had a bunch of school documents in it, and I was wondering if there was a way to recover them?Thanks a lot!PS: This thread was marked as Microsoft Store because in...
  5. Re-install WordPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-install WordPad: Hi! My brother accidentally deleted WordPad on my computer, and now I can't seem to re-install it... It also had a bunch of school documents in it, and I was wondering if there was a way to recover them?Thanks a lot!PS: This thread was marked as Microsoft Store because in...
  6. Re-install WordPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. wordpad & textedit wont work after latest clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wordpad & textedit wont work after latest clean install: And they are not even prent at regedit. I did a clean install AGAIN, but they did not work before that one either. Any idea? 181377
  8. wordpad & textedit wont work after latest clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    wordpad & textedit wont work after latest clean install: And they are not even prent at regedit. I did a clean install AGAIN, but they did not work before that one either. Any idea? 181377
  9. Installing home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing home network printer is causing a delay opening Wordpad: First of all, I'll just mention that I'm using Windows 10 2004 (build 19041), I don't recall seeing this issue in 1909 and previous versions of Windows 10. I opened wordpad today and found it was taking longer than usual to open. It didn't matter if I was opening a blank...
  10. Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 How to Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 Microsoft WordPad is a basic rich text editor first included with Microsoft Windows 95 and all versions of Windows since. It is more advanced than...