Windows 10: how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts?

Discus and support how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; also is there a firewall app that will work on windows 10 for all the devices connected?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tim_Lathen, Jun 12, 2019.

1. how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts?

also is there a firewall app that will work on windows 10 for all the devices connected?

:)

Tim_Lathen, Jun 12, 2019

2. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is unable to start automatically on boot?

Hi,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that YanisLukes
    did to resolve the same issue.

To update your network adapter, you can follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver: 

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall. 

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:
    How to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing Problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jun 12, 2019
  4. DenizC Win User

how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts?

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) never starts

After the most recent Feature Update (1709) it turned out that I can't use my Mobile Hotspot option anymore. After checking all possible options and searching for advises on the Internet for similar issues, I realized that in Services.msc, the status of Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is frozen on Starting and it will never actually start.

I tried starting it with all 4 possible startup types, checked the status of the other services on which ICS depends (all of which seemed to have the desired default settings), run sfc /scannow, did a clean boot even with my third-party antivirus software uninstalled, even added a DWORD type registry key EnableRebootPersistConnection on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedAccess with value 1 as suggested on another forum. Unfortunately, none of that has helped me so far.

DenizC, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts?

1. how do you keep internet connection sharing from turning off and to start when the pc starts? - Similar Threads - keep internet connection

2. PC not connecting to internet when first starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not connecting to internet when first starting up: I recently got a new pc, and it's having trouble connecting to wifi wirelessly, all it says is "Ethernet 3, not connected", I was so excited for this pc but can't use it because I can't get pass this step....
  3. PC not connecting to internet when first starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not connecting to internet when first starting up: I recently got a new pc, and it's having trouble connecting to wifi wirelessly, all it says is "Ethernet 3, not connected", I was so excited for this pc but can't use it because I can't get pass this step....
  4. How do i turn off Microsoft Start from my start menu? It's on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn off Microsoft Start from my start menu? It's on fullscreen.: Whenever i press the windows logo or the search bar to open up the start menu, Microsoft Start opens up. MICROSOFT WON'T EVEN LET ME INCLUDE A SCREENSHOT. I can't even shutdown my pc....
  5. How do i turn off Microsoft Start from my start menu? It's on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i turn off Microsoft Start from my start menu? It's on fullscreen.: Whenever i press the windows logo or the search bar to open up the start menu, Microsoft Start opens up. MICROSOFT WON'T EVEN LET ME INCLUDE A SCREENSHOT. I can't even shutdown my pc....
  6. How do i turn off Microsoft Start from my start menu? It's on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  8. Shared internet connection service keeps auto-starting.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shared internet connection service keeps auto-starting.: I want to permanently disable shared internet connection service SharedAccess, but every time I disable the service through registry editor and restarting my pc, SharedAccess won't stop. When I do it through services.msc the service stops autostarting as long as I don't turn...
  9. Internet connection keeps turning itself off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection keeps turning itself off?: I run several PC's in my home.a desktop and 3 laptops all running Windows 10 1909 fully updated. My internet for these is run from a router connected to my desktop PC and wirelessly to all 3 laptops (Via Sky). The desktop and 2 laptops run without a problem, but the 3rd...
  10. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) never starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) never starts: After the most recent Feature Update (1709) it turned out that I can't use my Mobile Hotspot option anymore. After checking all possible options and searching for advises on the Internet for similar issues, I realized that in Services.msc, the status of Internet Connection...