Windows 10: How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

Discus and support How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I actually prefer the "lights on" reading pane while in dark mode, but it switches back to "lights off" whenever I leave the app. Just curious, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian Patterson, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

I actually prefer the "lights on" reading pane while in dark mode, but it switches back to "lights off" whenever I leave the app.
    Just curious, is there a way to lock the lights to "on" or do I have to change it back every time?

I checked under "personalization" and "reading pane" in options but couldn't find anything.

:)

Ian Patterson, Mar 15, 2019

2. How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

The option of switch between light mode and dark mode for most applications is really helpful for daytime or night-time working environment.

Is there a way to set the light mode to automatically switch to dark mode when night comes, and vise-versa?

Can any registry value tell it to change automatically
    at specific hours I choose
    ?

If it is possible, a tougher question will come - can I do it on my mobile phone as well?

Thanks!

טלאבירם, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

You have to toggle it manually to change the Application Mode, we understand that is more convenient if there is an option to do it automatically. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We suggest that you send us a feedback by following these
    steps.

• On Cortana, type Feedback.
    • Choose Personalization and Ease of Access.
    • Select Input personalization.
    • You can vote if your suggestion is listed or can send us new feedback.

Rest assures that our Engineering team will do necessary action to improve Microsoft products.

Regards.

Marby Rey, Mar 15, 2019
  4. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode has some issues in the latest feature update. The fixes that I know of (not sure if it would work for you)

Try Restarting the explorer process in Task manager

Re apply Dark mode after switching to light.

If that does not help I would suggest you to roll back to 1803.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

1. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode? - Similar Threads - keep lights dark

2. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode: I've been tasked in my organization to disable the color options on Windows 10, force default blue to be used but keep light dark mode as an option for end users. I've gone through the GPO options and can not find the right setting to get this accomplished. Any suggestions? I...
  3. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode: I've been tasked in my organization to disable the color options on Windows 10, force default blue to be used but keep light dark mode as an option for end users. I've gone through the GPO options and can not find the right setting to get this accomplished. Any suggestions? I...
  4. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  6. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  7. Light & Dark Modes

Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  8. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  9. Light folders in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  10. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep the lights on in gmail