Windows 10: How do you keep making win10 worse?

Discus and support How do you keep making win10 worse? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every new release nerfs gaming performance more and more, introduces stuttering, drops framerate..ugh. If you destroy it any further, there will be no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fmlwin10, Jun 1, 2019.

1. fmlwin10 Win User

How do you keep making win10 worse?

Every new release nerfs gaming performance more and more, introduces stuttering, drops framerate..ugh.

If you destroy it any further, there will be no actual reasons to stay with windows, and I'll finally be forced on to linux.

99% of preinstalled apps and windows updates also have nothing to do with most people's usage, you just force EVERYTHING to be installed and run in the background with no way to completely disable the majority of it, your toggles generally do not completely disable most apps and their services will remain running in the background, you should, and hear me out here, allow people to choose what gets installed in teh first place....I will NEVER have need of proper japanese character support nor will I want to use "my phone" or "wheather" apps, there is also NO reason they should be constantly transferring information for those that do choose to use them. Nor do most people need every single app they may have launched one months ago, to be sitting in ram just so they can load .000000000001 seconds faster if you ever decide to use them again.

1903 is a steaming pile of garbage, you have a gigantic memory leak going on, apparently it's been in there a while and you guys just have no intention of ever fixing that.

You are going the exact WRONG way with this operating system, stop trying to turn it in to a telephone, stop running all your garbageware apps, stop insisting they get installed in the first place, just STOP.

:)

fmlwin10, Jun 1, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Can MSFT make the search feature in Win10 even worse, please?

It's bad enough that Win10 can't find 1/2 my documents sometimes, despite doing the indexing options repeatedly.

To make matters worse, Win10 had an update somewhere along the line where you had to start clicking the icon in the Cortana search window after you type in what you're searching for, so it knows if you were searching for one of those 30 apps on your computer
    (as if we're too stupid to find those on our own under APPS with the Start button), or if we're looking for one of our 15,000 documents, music, or photos instead.

HOW STUPID IS THIS FEATURE???? And how can they make it go away?

asdasdf(2), Jun 1, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do you keep making win10 worse? - Similar Threads - keep making win10

2. How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?: I actually prefer the "lights on" reading pane while in dark mode, but it switches back to "lights off" whenever I leave the app. Just curious, is there a way to lock the lights to "on" or do I have to change it back every time? I checked under "personalization" and "reading...
  3. How do you change the name on a user account; win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the name on a user account; win10?: There is a typo in the name on my user account, which causes confusion. When attempting to change the user name, I receive a message pertaining to permission. I've changed the level of system security, but no luck. Knowing there is a simple solution, what am I overlooking?...
  4. How do you make a website that retains a checklist?

How do you make a website that retains a checklist?: Hi everyone. I'm thinking about making a website that is a checklist for all the books in a particularly large book series so that I can keep track of which books I've read and also share the site with others who might want to do the same. I'm not really asking for detailed...
  5. How do you keep Update from installing CU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you keep Update from installing CU?: I've had many problems with CU so I went back to the AE version. How do I keep Windows from automatically installing CU on some future update? 83859
  6. How do you force unsigned drivers now in Win10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you force unsigned drivers now in Win10 ?: In the past I held down the Shift key, rebooted and startup options with pressing 7, unsigned drivers. But now that doesn't seem to work! It worked for me in Win10 before. Now on my new win10 computer it does not work. Here's the error message I'm getting: [img] 91750
  7. How do you make program folders?

How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...
  8. How full do you keep your SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How full do you keep your SSD?: I just joined the elite club of ssd owners*Tongue There seems to be a lot confusion as to how much storage is to be used on these drives. I have Over provisioning turned on, and it set about 46gb aside out of 500gb. So now I have 190gb left. I'm running a Samsung 850 EVO...
  9. How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?: The scrolling is really jumpy and it is not smooth at all compared to Windows 7. I have some big folders and I'm not deleting stuff in them. I want the scrolling to go down smoothly and not be so jumpy and jerky. This problem also happens when I view a PDF reader that was...
  10. Just when you think it can't be worse!

in Windows 10 Support
    Just when you think it can't be worse!: I've had 10 for a few months now. During that time I've had several automatic updates. Most have been unnoticeable, a few others were anti productive. The first and the last (two days ago) have been horrible. When I first downloaded 10 I immediately lost my CD/DVD drive. No...