Windows 10: How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set the GPU that an app uses using the graphics performance preference setting.But when I try to choose an app from the WindowsApps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MiguelGarcia123, Jul 24, 2021.

1. How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder?

I am trying to set the GPU that an app uses using the graphics performance preference setting.But when I try to choose an app from the WindowsApps folder, it says that I don't have permission to open the file. I gave myself permission to open the folder but it can't open the app for some reason. How do I fix this issue?

:)

MiguelGarcia123, Jul 24, 2021

2. windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Jul 24, 2021
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Eagle51 Win User

How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder?

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder?

1. How do you let settings access the WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - let settings access

2. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  3. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  6. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access the WindowsApps folder: Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can someone help? Thanks 160137
  8. How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive: Hello, I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem. That being said, I changed the location for windows apps to install to my new external ssd drive. The issue is that I am not allowed access to the windowsapp folder it created on said...
  9. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?: Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked. Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not...
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...