Windows 10: How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe...

Discus and support How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe programs? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LadyOpaque, Apr 6, 2019.

1. How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe...

How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe programs? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

:)

LadyOpaque, Apr 6, 2019

2. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe...

1. How do you lock an external hard drive on Windows 10? Can anyone recommend any good, safe... - Similar Threads - lock external hard

2. Can't "safely remove" external hard drive, dllhost.exe holding lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't "safely remove" external hard drive, dllhost.exe holding lock: Hi I have an external hard drive that is almost permanently plugged into my laptop to do a daily scheduled backup. The "safely remove" option never works though, I always get the "This device is currently in use" error. I ran Process Explorer and searched for the drive...
  3. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

Any recommendation on external SSD drive?: Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you. 179756
  4. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any recommendation on external SSD drive?: Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you. 179756
  5. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?: Currently I have the following hard disk (WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0), only I am bothered by the fact that my disk usage is constantly at 100%, I suspect that the disk is simply too slow in reading and writing, or are there other reasons for this, I would prefer a disk between 1...
  6. Can anyone recommend me a good antivirus for a new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone recommend me a good antivirus for a new pc?: I just got my pc and was wondering if you could help me find a good antivirus, thanks for the help! submitted by /u/DispyBot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj279p/can_anyone_recommend_me_a_good_antivirus_for_a/
  7. What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are good external hard drives for a Laptop?: I need a very good external hard drive that has over 1 TB of space any suggestions? I will be putting Unity Keys on them. Also my Laptop device is a HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop (Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB, 1TB HD, Windows 10 High End, Ceramic White) 15-cs0010ca. I want one...
  8. Do you recommend this portable drive?

Do you recommend this portable drive?: https://www.amazon.com/Encrypted-Por...-2-spons&psc=1 A physical encrypted portable hard drive. Is anyone using this? I once bought a portable drive (I forget the brand) otherwise than Seagate or WD the quality was so awful that the transfer speed was like 5MB /s with USB...
  9. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  10. Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Ello Folks! Looking to get the Portable Hard-drive thats right for me. I want to mainly keep documents on this and some other stuff. Like pictures but not a ton. Mainly documents in PDF format. I want this mainly to keep all my licensing and regulatory stuff all in one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock any external drive

2. lock external hard drive windows 10

3. seagate external hard drive