Windows 10: How do you make column width stay wide for folders

Discus and support How do you make column width stay wide for folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to Music and click on an album folder, I notice that the name column is too narrow to fit the title of the song, so I make the width wider,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, Oct 13, 2020.

1. satel Win User

How do you make column width stay wide for folders

When I go to Music and click on an album folder, I notice that the name column is too narrow to fit the title of the song, so I make the width wider, but I notice that it doesn't stay, because when I go to another album folder I see the same narrow width.

:)

satel, Oct 13, 2020

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Molly D Win User
    Email Column Width Problem - TDS

When I open my TDS Email program it opens normally, but only stays normal for about one or two seconds. The Folder Column then instantly becomes way too wide with no way for me to adjust it back to the normal width. The Folder Column also shrinks vertically.
    I can then see only the top five folders. To see all my additional folders I have to scroll down. Because of the malfunction in the Folder Column width, the Reading Pane becomes very narrow. This makes emails very difficult to read. This problem started
    after the most recent Windows Updates on July 12, 2016.

Molly D, Oct 13, 2020
  4. How do you make column width stay wide for folders

Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

How do you make column width stay wide for folders cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

How do you make column width stay wide for folders

1. How do you make column width stay wide for folders - Similar Threads - column width stay

2. How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?: With this latest release of Windows 11 22H2, the left hand navigation pane on File Explorer has been changed significantly. I used to move file by dragging them from the right hand pane to the desired folder in the left hand navigation pane. Now the Document, Pictures, Videos...
  3. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  4. How to make windows larger in width?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows larger in width?: [IMG] This is really strange behaviour, but currently my taskbar looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/l4svegcxsvo51.png?width=1916&format=png&auto=webp&s=2527045a74ce30f9a98630b79b67dcd570b85a14 Normally, the 4 windows (teams, 2x IntelliJ and maconomy) are much...
  5. How can I change the default column widths for ALL windows explorer folders

How can I change the default column widths for ALL windows explorer folders: I know how to change the width, but my changes don't stick. The default in windows is 4 columns, and 2 of them truncate the data in them and need to be widened to see the full name/data of these columns. I have more than half of the width of this folder as unused,...
  6. Reset Folder View Settings and Column Widths in Open and Save Dialogs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Folder View Settings and Column Widths in Open and Save Dialogs: Is it possible to reset the folder view settings and column widths in the Open and Save dialogs? I know how to do this in Explorer but can't find info that actually works for the open and save dialogs. According to several sites it should be just a matter of deleting the...
  7. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...
  8. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

Auto resize column widths in Windows?: I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is opened?...
  9. How to modify column width for powershell command results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to modify column width for powershell command results: This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers: How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver|...
  10. How do you make program folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...