Windows 10: How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time?

Discus and support How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have Windows 10 and it usually takes 3 or 4 times to open a folder before the folder gets added to Quick Access. How can I make it appear there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BradRichards, Jul 11, 2019.

1. How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time?

Hi. I have Windows 10 and it usually takes 3 or 4 times to open a folder before the folder gets added to Quick Access. How can I make it appear there the first time?

:)

BradRichards, Jul 11, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 11, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time?

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time?

1. How do you make folders go straight to Quick Access the first time? - Similar Threads - folders straight Quick

2. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents: How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documentsi have uninstalled onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-onedrive-documents-and-make-my/a82a5ffd-4e47-4b0a-974f-330d7d8aa63d
  3. How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?: With this latest release of Windows 11 22H2, the left hand navigation pane on File Explorer has been changed significantly. I used to move file by dragging them from the right hand pane to the desired folder in the left hand navigation pane. Now the Document, Pictures, Videos...
  4. How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?

How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?: With this latest release of Windows 11 22H2, the left hand navigation pane on File Explorer has been changed significantly. I used to move file by dragging them from the right hand pane to the desired folder in the left hand navigation pane. Now the Document, Pictures, Videos...
  5. Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder...: Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder while opening other folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-quick-access-folder-like-this-how-make/1c571078-086c-4c6c-bc31-fcb948e8c81e
  6. How do you your remove a folder in "Quick access" that Unpin can't ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you your remove a folder in "Quick access" that Unpin can't ?: I pinned the folder that is my User home directory to Quick access, but when I try to use the link, or unpin it, I get an error "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.". All I want to do now is unpin it, but I can't figure out where the...
  7. How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?: until recently I could take a screenshot and it went directly into my Screenshot folder without having to paste it somewhere else and save it. How do I restore it to make it automatically go there again please?...
  8. How do you make this EN go away?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you make this EN go away?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yu_men [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dui4e2/how_do_you_make_this_en_go_away/
  9. how do I go straight to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I go straight to desktop: I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am the only one using my computer and am tired of having to click my way to the desktop every time I sit down. These features are...
  10. How do you make program folders?

How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...