Windows 10: How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present

Discus and support How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child prints a lot by in error hitting print screen on his laptop. Is there anyway to make it so printing is limited within the MS Family / child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JF_AZ, Oct 5, 2020.

1. JF_AZ Win User

How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present

My child prints a lot by in error hitting print screen on his laptop. Is there anyway to make it so printing is limited within the MS Family / child account so that a parent can authorize printing? Looks like old versions of WinOS used to be able to do this but Win10 cannot, but hoping I am just not finding. Seems odd that printing limits are not part of child accounts...

:)

JF_AZ, Oct 5, 2020
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Marrion_Y Win User
    Child Account

Hi Izzy1412,

Thank you for the response.

We truly understand the urgency here. Here in the forums, we're unable to call you. We highly suggest you Contact
    Support
    for further assistance.

What we can do here is provide the online support pages that helps you out with the steps needed to resolve issues and provide insight on different types of accounts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-account-parental-consent-and-child-accounts will
    provide you information how a parent and child accounts are created.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You mentioned you are 17, which means you're underage and the account is considered a child type. To resolve this,
    please have the parent account assigned to your account provide consent. Only the parent account can do this.

This is in compliance with regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to
    update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Oct 5, 2020
  4. How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present

Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present

1. How do you make it so child accounts cannot print without parent present - Similar Threads - child accounts cannot

2. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  3. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  4. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you give points from a child to the parent 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you give points from a child to the parent 2023: help me solve this please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-give-points-from-a-child-to-the-parent/ced528ae-5ae6-482b-a260-37d4c8bfa938
  6. How do you give points from a child to the parent 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you give points from a child to the parent 2023: help me solve this please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-give-points-from-a-child-to-the-parent/ced528ae-5ae6-482b-a260-37d4c8bfa938
  7. How do you give points from a child to the parent 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to make Microsoft account parent account?

How to make Microsoft account parent account?: I got Xbox game Pass for PC recently, but I noticed that some of the games are hidden due to Parental settings. When I search for 'Doom: Eternal', for example, it tells me "Due to your age, search results may be filtered." I'm well over 18 years old, so I don't see where the...
  9. How to make an app run without admin on a Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an app run without admin on a Child account: I want my Msi Afterburner to run without the need to log into admin. Its a standard account so it doesn't have admin. And I'll be forgetting my password for admin forever so I just need to figure out how to make certain apps launch without the need of admin. Please help...
  10. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...