Windows 10: How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?

Discus and support How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is how it looks now -the snips are transparent here, but when posting them other place, like discord, they have black areas to put the snip in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Solysis, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Solysis Win User

How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?

This is how it looks now -the snips are transparent here, but when posting them other place, like discord, they have black areas to put the snip in a black rectangle/they used to be ok, but they now have this black rectangle. is there any way for it to dissapear without having to edit them afterwards?

:)

Solysis, Dec 1, 2022

2. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Ok, I'll try my best to explain this. I use the snipping tool almost daily for posting HW (I'm a teacher). Generally it is snipping from a pdf file (regular white pages) to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with the freeform snip. Sometimes I needed
    to use the freeform snip because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Before, when I used the freeform snip to copy a part of the page (remember, it's a white page) and then paste it on OneNote, the background
    of the snip was white so it looked like a clean snip using the rectangular tool because the paste is always a rectangle anyways. Now (I guess there was an update or something) the background of the snip when I paste it is black. So I have this pasted rectangle
    with the irregular cutout of the white page over a black background and it looks messy. Is there a way to change the background of the pasted snip from black to white? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

JavierAlvarez7, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Wow! Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately this method didn't work. The high contrast setting is off. And the other suggestion doesn't seem to affect the snipping tool. Attached are two pictures of my situation. Both are of the same freeform snip.
    The first one with the white background was done sometime in March, the other one with the black background snipped today. So if there's a way to change that background from black to white as a default setting, that would be great. Again, thanks for your
    help.
    How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent? fd85ba9a-80bf-447f-a0ea-9c4c6841ddf8?upload=true.png

How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent? 3b78a1ab-5531-4e2e-ace8-9d5e7a41937a?upload=true.png

JavierAlvarez7, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Rustin109 Win User

How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?

Snip & Sketch with transparent borders?

Hi, I'm loving the new snip & sketch app that's replacing the snipping tool, but I have an issue with the free form selection. Whenever I select something, It places white borders around the image instead of leaving the "empty" areas clear. Is there a
    way to fix this? I've searched through the settings and forums with no luck

Rustin109, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent? - Similar Threads - black borders freeform

2. Automatic borders with snipping tool 10.0.19045

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic borders with snipping tool 10.0.19045: Hello, The "Add border to each screenshot" in the snipping section of settings is no longer available. It has been replace by a single "Show selection ink after snips are captured" option : where is the thickness option now ?Thanks,HB.***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office /...
  3. Automatic borders with snipping tool 10.0.19045

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic borders with snipping tool 10.0.19045: Hello, The "Add border to each screenshot" in the snipping section of settings is no longer available. It has been replace by a single "Show selection ink after snips are captured" option : where is the thickness option now ?Thanks,HB.***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office /...
  4. How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?: It is snipping from a pdf file to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with repeatedly freeform snip of same area within Screenshot.Because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Is there a way to repeat the selected area for...
  5. How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?

How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?: It is snipping from a pdf file to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with repeatedly freeform snip of same area within Screenshot.Because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Is there a way to repeat the selected area for...
  6. How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?: This is how it looks now -the snips are transparent here, but when posting them other place, like discord, they have black areas to put the snip in a black rectangle/they used to be ok, but they now have this black rectangle. is there any way for it to dissapear without...
  7. How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?

How do you make the black borders with freeform snipping tool become transparent?: This is how it looks now -the snips are transparent here, but when posting them other place, like discord, they have black areas to put the snip in a black rectangle/they used to be ok, but they now have this black rectangle. is there any way for it to dissapear without...
  8. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting: Ok, I'll try my best to explain this. I use the snipping tool almost daily for posting HW I'm a teacher. Generally it is snipping from a pdf file regular white pages to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with the freeform snip. Sometimes I needed to use the freeform...
  9. Freeform tool not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freeform tool not working: HI all Please help I have recently installed Photoshop CC on Windows 10 64 the freeform tool does not work im sure its simple but only resizes in relation to all i.e. large or small I cannot resize independent. Is their a reset tools as in the past?...
  10. Snip & Sketch with transparent borders?

Snip & Sketch with transparent borders?: Hi, I'm loving the new snip & sketch app that's replacing the snipping tool, but I have an issue with the free form selection. Whenever I select something, It places white borders around the image instead of leaving the "empty" areas clear. Is there a way to fix this? I've...