Windows 10: How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop?

Discus and support How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Both desktop and laptop are running Windows 10 x64. Most of the personal folders (on PC and laptop) have an identical structure . The folders on my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tfwul, Nov 9, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop?

Both desktop and laptop are running Windows 10 x64.

Most of the personal folders (on PC and laptop) have an identical structure .
    The folders on my PC are the 'source' (base), i.e. the folders on the laptop should be a mirror of the folders on PC.

Right now, I use a backup tool to mirror the 'PC-folders' to an external SSD (Samsung T5).
    Then connect the drive to the laptop using Beyond Compare to show the differences and subsequently mirror the folders from the SSD onto the laptop.

I tried using backup software that would sync folders via a network. Basically this works. However, the software estimated it would run for 10 hours or so... So, after a couple of hours I cancelled the task, it wasn't really a success, considering the time required. This is whilst using a fast fibre connection.

Question to those having the same situation: how do you handle this?
    How do you mirror folders from desktop onto laptop?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Nov 9, 2020

2. screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Nov 9, 2020
  3. how Windows 10 mirroring using AMAZON Fire TV stick?

Hi,

Try this.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Action Centre.
    • Click on Connect.
    • PC will search and show which devices are available to mirror/cast.
    • Click on the device which you would like to mirror/cast.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 9, 2020
  4. gellswor Win User

Project (mirror) Laptop to TV using Roku

Have a new 2 in 1 (HP) running Win 10. Have Roku 3 connected to my TV. I want to mirror my laptop screen to the TV so I can display slideshows (Photoshop, ProShow). I have mirror enabled on ROKU.

When I go into Intel WiDi, I can connect to ROKU and there is a list of folders on my laptop screen. If I select a folder with photos, and double click on a photo, it shows up on my TV. However, this is not mirroring, I cannot run a slideshow and project
    it to the TV, only a single photo at a time and only if I double click on it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

gellswor, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop? - Similar Threads - mirror folders desktop

2. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  3. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  4. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do you delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you delete a folder: I am trying to delete a folder which is in Users. The folder is titled Public and I want to delete it. However when I do this, I get a message saying I need permission from...me. I tried going into the properties and changing the ownership of the file to every available...
  6. How do I mirror a folder to another folder in this specific way?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mirror a folder to another folder in this specific way?: For example, I have two folders: A and B. I want all contents of folder A mirrored to folder B. I want it in such a way that all changes to folder B ignored, and only changes to folder A are respected. For example (again), if I copy any folder/file to inside of folder A,...
  7. How do you decouple the external monitor "desktop" from your laptop's "desktop"

How do you decouple the external monitor "desktop" from your laptop's "desktop": I'm working on a new Dell Windows 10 laptop after working for many years on a Mac. I am trying to do something very simple - put some applications on my external monitor to work on while I use multiple desktops on my laptop's screen. For some reason that I cannot understand,...
  8. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?: How is a right click mouse done on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-switching-from-a-desktop-to-a-laptop-how-do/bed47d8e-2ee6-47ec-a87e-33736f493375
  9. How do you scroll desktop from left to right?

How do you scroll desktop from left to right?: How do you scroll the desktop (with the aps) in Windows 10 from left to right instead of up and down. I used my landlord's laptop and his scrolled right to left but he didn't make it that way so he doesn't know. Also is there a way to get rid of the Xbox ap? 36992
  10. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...