Windows 10: How do you not accept Windows updates at all ?

Discus and support How do you not accept Windows updates at all ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last update for me that contained KB4566785, KB4565503 and KB4565627 completely disabled my computer. I do not want them back. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathyBatchelor1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. How do you not accept Windows updates at all ?

The last update for me that contained KB4566785, KB4565503 and KB4565627 completely disabled my computer. I do not want them back. Is there a way to not reinstall these..as the system indicates I can only hold off updates for 35 days. Thanks

:)

KathyBatchelor1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 21, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

How do you not accept Windows updates at all ?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do you not accept Windows updates at all ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

How do you not accept Windows updates at all ?

1. How do you not accept Windows updates at all ? - Similar Threads - accept updates

2. When Windows 11 will stop restart my PC after updates without my acceptance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Windows 11 will stop restart my PC after updates without my acceptance?: Once and once again I get my business PC restarted by Windows Update by itself when i was off work. When Microsoft will stop doing this. Once again I lost many important data and time. I demand to stop doing this!!!...
  3. When Windows 11 will stop restart my PC after updates without my acceptance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Windows 11 will stop restart my PC after updates without my acceptance?: Once and once again I get my business PC restarted by Windows Update by itself when i was off work. When Microsoft will stop doing this. Once again I lost many important data and time. I demand to stop doing this!!!...
  4. Windows 10 wants a password after update. Won’t accept my Microsoft password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 wants a password after update. Won’t accept my Microsoft password.: After a recent update, windows started asking me for a password. I have never had a password on this machine and don’t know why it would be asking for it. I tried entering the password I use on my Microsoft email account. It told me that my password or username was incorrect....
  5. Windows 10 wants a password after update. Won’t accept my Microsoft password.

Windows 10 wants a password after update. Won’t accept my Microsoft password.: After a recent update, windows started asking me for a password. I have never had a password on this machine and don’t know why it would be asking for it. I tried entering the password I use on my Microsoft email account. It told me that my password or username was incorrect....
  6. Windows 10 wants a password after update. Won’t accept my Microsoft password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD during updates to win11 not accepting any opinions of having a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during updates to win11 not accepting any opinions of having a fresh install: first time update comes with error 0x8007001f, second time bsod and error 0xc1900106no dmp files were found. Idk why, but BSOD error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR....
  8. BSOD during updates to win11 not accepting any opinions of having a fresh install

BSOD during updates to win11 not accepting any opinions of having a fresh install: first time update comes with error 0x8007001f, second time bsod and error 0xc1900106no dmp files were found. Idk why, but BSOD error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR....
  9. BSOD during updates to win11 not accepting any opinions of having a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Canon 4370DN Printer Quit Accepting Print Jobs After December 2023 Updates to Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon 4370DN Printer Quit Accepting Print Jobs After December 2023 Updates to Windows 10 22H2: A Canon Printer Model 4370DN worked fine until the application of the mid-December 2023 Updates to Windows 10 22H2.Now the Printer appears to be 'recognized' by the system but any Print Job sent to it from any source gets 'stuck' in the Print Queue..... have tried printing...