Windows 10: How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker...

Discus and support How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am now running Windows 10 and realise one of my old video creation .wlmp cant be open. What can i do? This error messages shows up [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by syyam, Jan 1, 2021.

1. syyam Win User

How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker...

Hi, I am now running Windows 10 and realise one of my old video creation .wlmp cant be open. What can i do? This error messages shows up

How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker... 9ac9526d-cd94-4b8b-8103-7a65fa18daaf?upload=true.jpg

[Changed topics for clarity]

:)

syyam, Jan 1, 2021

2. DVD maker in Windows 10 and how to make .WLMP file movies in Windows 10?

Hello Judy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can use Movie maker to convert the file to other format i.e. .mp4, .mp3, .mkv, etc. Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Windows Live Movie Maker.
    • Click on the drop down menu located at the top left and select
      Open project
    • Browse for the .WLMP project file and Open.
    • Click on the dropdown menu from the top left and select one of the
      Save
      movie options. Your project will now start to render as a movie which may take a significant length of time.
    • You should now have a video file in the common .wmv or other file format.
    • You can now use a convertor program or a suitable video editing program to create a video.

I suggest you to post a feedback on DVD Maker and other enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback App in Windows 10. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered and worked on.

Refer to the links below on similar issue and check if it helps.

How to open WLMP extension files on Windows 10?...

WLMP File

You can also use Windows Media Player and check if it helps:

Windows Media Player

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 1, 2021
  3. DVD maker in Windows 10 and how to make .WLMP file movies in Windows 10?

Original Title: DVD Maker in windows 10

I find it very frustrating that Movie Maker is still retained in W10, but not DVD Maker. How do you make a movie of your movies when Movie Maker is a WLMP file and none of the burning programs I have support this. May as well delete movie maker from the
    programs. How do you change the WLMP file. I have several movies sitting on the hard drive, but cannot view.

Any answers would be appreciated.

JJ

JudyWilkie, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker...

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you open a .wlmp file created in 2012 cant recall the OS and Windows Movie Maker... - Similar Threads - open wlmp file

2. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  3. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  4. Windows 10 computer with the official Microsoft Movie Maker 2012 on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer with the official Microsoft Movie Maker 2012 on it.: Quick question, has anybody using a Windows 10 computer with the official Microsoft Movie Maker 2012 on it , upgraded to Windows 11 , if so, was Microsoft Movie Maker 2012 also transferred during the update ? Or did it get left behind ?...
  5. movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play: i cant play any of my files or even play a mp4 on my windows 8.1 build 9299 i prove a screenshoot it a codec problem?idk i can open some mp4 normally yes i can import some mp4 but these are my intro and outro i spend alot of time so is there a error? and i can play mp3 just...
  6. movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play: i cant play any of my files or even play a mp4 on my windows 8.1 build 9299 i prove a screenshoot it a codec problem?idk i can open some mp4 normally yes i can import some mp4 but these are my intro and outro i spend alot of time so is there a error? and i can play mp3 just...
  7. How to Open and Edit .wlmp files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Open and Edit .wlmp files?: I have some video projects I had saved as .wlmp files in Windows Movie Maker. However, now that I have upgraded to Windows 10, I no longer have Windows Movie Maker, and it seems I cannot download it. Is there another program I can use to open my .wlmp files and edit them,...
  8. creating a DVD from Windows Movie Maker after you have completed the Movie Maker version.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating a DVD from Windows Movie Maker after you have completed the Movie Maker version.: How can I make a DVD (that plays on a regular older DVD player) I used to be able to do it easily before with 'Movie Maker' Now it comes up as an MP4 type ?? How can I change it so a normal DVD player will play it??...
  9. Movie Maker 2012 cannot for animation Gif same as Movie Maker 6.0 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Movie Maker 2012 cannot for animation Gif same as Movie Maker 6.0 ?: Movie Maker 2012 cannot for animation Gif same as Movie Maker 6.0 Why Microsoft again abandon Movie Maker 2012 ? If as Microsoft for Image animation Gif into Movie Maker 2012 will very good, will better than compare with Movie Maker 6.0, but the it again lacks Image animation...
  10. Movie Maker ver. 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Movie Maker ver. 2012: I know Moviemaker ("MM") is discontinued. However, I still used the 2012 version, until Win 10. Now I work hard for hours and MM no longer creates a Movie (there are only 3 choices, Computer, "high definition" and "recommended". Tried all 3 can no longer create a movie....