Windows 10: How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place?

Discus and support How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently been trying to organize all of my files on my Windows 10 computer, and I've noticed there are so many folders and files that I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dex-Max, May 26, 2020.

1. How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place?

I've recently been trying to organize all of my files on my Windows 10 computer, and I've noticed there are so many folders and files that I have not created all over the place. Some of them are from applications and others just folders that Windows creates. Anyway, I'm thinking of just moving all of my working files into Desktop and create all of my own folders there.

How do you guys organize, and do you think my solution is okay?

submitted by /u/Dex-Max
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dex-Max, May 26, 2020
  2. stevednmc Win User

File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, May 26, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, May 26, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place?

File organizer software?

Total Commander is the best. It has everything. It can:

It can create and check hash, it can extract and archive and so on.

Cons: It's not free.

Drone, May 26, 2020
Thema:

How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place?

1. How do you organize files with so many apps creating random files all over the place? - Similar Threads - organize files many

2. "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here": Hi. I have been trying to backup my Minecraft worlds and it has been saying "your organization does not allow you to place this file here", even though I am the owner of this computer. I have tried disabling Microsoft defender, creating a local account, and more. I do see...
  3. "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here": Hi. I have been trying to backup my Minecraft worlds and it has been saying "your organization does not allow you to place this file here", even though I am the owner of this computer. I have tried disabling Microsoft defender, creating a local account, and more. I do see...
  4. File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!: Files do not "save" as to designated file path. Files end up all over, completely hard to find anything. Files seem to move from location I want them put in despite checking the file path before "saving" to destination. It's awful, losing items between One Drive and Personal...
  5. File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!: Files do not "save" as to designated file path. Files end up all over, completely hard to find anything. Files seem to move from location I want them put in despite checking the file path before "saving" to destination. It's awful, losing items between One Drive and Personal...
  6. File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Your organization does not allow you to place this file here

Your organization does not allow you to place this file here: Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my Windows 10 Pro PC. Went to copy some of my additional aircraft to another folder, like the desktop, and I get a "1 Interrupted Action" window popup that says "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here."...
  8. How do I bypass "your organization doesn't allow you to place this file here" for Windows Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I bypass "your organization doesn't allow you to place this file here" for Windows Apps?: This method (explorer++ & trustedinstaller) doesn't work. submitted by /u/wgolding [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyjf2q/how_do_i_bypass_your_organization_doesnt_allow/
  9. Your organization does not allow you to place this file here

Your organization does not allow you to place this file here: I was trying to backup my minecraft dungeons save file and I'm not exactly sure the sequence of events. But I think I tried "cutting" the folder, instead of copying. Then when I went to paste it to my desktop, I got this message "Your organization does not allow you to place...
  10. "your organization doesn't allow you to place this file here"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "your organization doesn't allow you to place this file here": I keep seeing crap like this and it's annoying. I'm trying to copy a folder from one location to another on my personal PC. How do I get rid of all of this fluff? Build is 18363.476 submitted by /u/Tr1Optimum [link] [comments]...