Windows 10: how do you permanently turn off auto screen rotation in Windows 10?

Discus and support how do you permanently turn off auto screen rotation in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running 10, 1809, 17763.529. This is too confusing for my users who get stuck accidently. How do you turn off auto rotate completely? The option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dcook1313, May 28, 2019.

1. dcook1313 Win User

how do you permanently turn off auto screen rotation in Windows 10?

Running 10, 1809, 17763.529. This is too confusing for my users who get stuck accidently. How do you turn off auto rotate completely? The option to just turn it off is no longer there.

thank you

:)

dcook1313, May 28, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

My ACER iconia W4 820 had screen auto-rotation in Windows 8.1, but I can't seem to find this damn thing in Windows 10. I can manually rotate the screen, but it doesn't seem to use the sensor to auto detect the orientation. Where is it?

RejZoR, May 28, 2019
  3. zo0lykas Win User
    zo0lykas, May 28, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      how do you permanently turn off auto screen rotation in Windows 10? [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. how do you permanently turn off auto screen rotation in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - permanently turn off

2. Auto Rotate randomly "turns on"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto Rotate randomly "turns on": I've noticed lately on my surface pro 7, that the auto rotate randomly "turns on". The auto rotation icon is turned off, but when I'm using my surface pro 7, I'll being something and for a second or 2 it won't me do anything and then on the upper left handle screen it'll say...
  3. How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the lock on rotate my screen?: How do I turn off the lock on rotate screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-lock-on-rotate-my-screen/3be82565-f7fb-4011-bcf3-eb1fde5c1821
  4. How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to turn off Windows 10 updates permanently..: I'm wondering if anyone has tried to turn off Windows 10 updates using the methods listed in this article.... How To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates Permanently. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos There is a comment, (in the comments section) that states... ""You have to...
  5. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  6. windows 10 auto screen rotation

windows 10 auto screen rotation: I have a Lenova Think Pad. it was switching the screen rotation, then it stopped and I cannot change the screen rotation lock, It is grayed out and unaccessable. also it will no longer ask if I want to switch to tablet mode,...
  7. Auto rotate keeps trying to rotate the screen

Auto rotate keeps trying to rotate the screen: Hi, Auto rotate keeps trying to activate itself. A message on the top left corner keeps appearing and the keyboard and screen freeze for a few (very annoying) seconds do not work. Windows Settings > System > Display > Orientation (Landscape) > Rotation Lock (greyed out)....
  8. Auto screen rotation

Auto screen rotation: My auto screen rotation is not working and I also checked the display setting it does not have any kind of auto screen setting. I have also tried lot of things but it's still not working, so please solve this issue....
  9. how to permanently turn off windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to permanently turn off windows 10 updates: Hi, My Question is that how can I permanently turn off windows 10 updates . I am using Windows 10 Enterprise . Help please 37285
  10. Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10 A tablet and some hybrid laptop devices are designed to rotate the display automatically in a portrait or landscape orientation as you turn it so that what...