Windows 10: How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

Discus and support How do you pin the control panel to the start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vexorg, Oct 17, 2015.

1. vexorg Win User

How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to have the full control panel (not that settings nonsense) on the start menu, pin or otherwise?

I can pin it to the task bar if it's open, but I like a clean task bar, not cluttered with stuff that should be in the start menu.

:)

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

How do you pin printer to the tool bar?

You can't.

Only specific objects can be added to the Task Bar itself, primarily executable programs.

Some printers as seen in Devices and Printers have the option to create a shortcut in its context menu which allows a desktop Icon to be created. However even if you do that shortcut does not have the option Pin to... in its menu. Nor once it is open and
    therefore a running instance on the Task Bar does it have Pin to....

HairyFool, Oct 17, 2015
  3. How do you pin printer to the tool bar?

There is a way to get the printer icon to display on your windows taskbar....

couldn't find this solution anywhere but here's how to do it:

-create a folder called 'shortcuts' in documents

-right-click your printer(s) in control panel and select create shortcut (goes to desktop)

-move the created shortcut to the folder you created in documents

-right-click taskbar, toolbar, new toolbar

-browse to and select the folder called shortcuts in documents

-right-click the new toolbar and de-select show text/title

any shortcut you put in that shortcuts folder will now appear in your taskbar

Westbrook215, Oct 17, 2015
  4. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

open control panel. Right click it when it appears on the taskbar. pin it. done *Smile

Ah nevermind, was responding to your thread subject. Wasn't so clear.

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
  5. vexorg Win User
    What other thread? this is nothing to do with the others, there's no option to pin to start menu, only task bar.

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Right click menu on Start button has shortcut to Control Panel.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. Cliff S New Member

The only way I found just now after trying different things(right click in system32, right click in drop down menu in the control panel...etc.) was use the desktop tool bar in the taskbar >> go to control panel(not the direct link, but the one with the cascading menu) then right click on "All control panel items" pin to start.

How do you pin the control panel to the start menu? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 17, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    *Doh after I got done trying different things, finding a way, posting the answer, refreshing the page... I see your answer(which solution which I totally forgot about) then can kick myself in the bacon

Good one Mike*Thumbs

Cliff S, Oct 17, 2015
  10. vexorg Win User
    Perfect, that's fine for me. Odd that they have different options for the start button and right click. I'm sure Bill Gates does it to annoy us.

It's a really handy list on the right click, all the bits I usually need. Thanks.

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    I also change Command prompt to Power Shell.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    cant blame it on Bill no more ,he doesn't work at Microsoft anymore ,lol

caperjack, Oct 17, 2015
  13. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

If you still want Control Panel on Start find it under All apps (Windows System folder) right click it and pin to start.

P.S. Win-key + X will also bring up the Start sub menu.

fracking4oil, Oct 17, 2015
  14. vexorg Win User
    Done that too, thanks, strange that you cannot pin it from the task bar to start menu

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    I've put it in the 'short list', (I like a clean taskbar as well)

Edwin, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

1. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu? - Similar Threads - pin control panel

2. In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?: I just reinstalled Windows 11, and I have a couple of websites I want to pin to the Start Menu. I heard that such is possible; if so, how do I do it?...
  3. In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?: I just reinstalled Windows 11, and I have a couple of websites I want to pin to the Start Menu. I heard that such is possible; if so, how do I do it?...
  4. How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned?: How do you remove the initial "Pinned" Start Menu? How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned automatically? Where is that setting?Windows 11 Prov10.0.22000 Build 22000...
  5. How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned?: How do you remove the initial "Pinned" Start Menu? How do you open the Start Menu to All Apps not Pinned automatically? Where is that setting?Windows 11 Prov10.0.22000 Build 22000...
  6. How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I1l1I1l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i33isd/how_do_you_remove_a_start_menu_entry_with_no/
  7. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  8. How to pin Control panel to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin Control panel to taskbar?: How to pin Control panel to taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-control-panel-to-taskbar/7d8d3b90-742d-40db-940a-fc719a9d00f4
  9. [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703, I noticed that the Control Panel from Start menu context menu (Windows + X) is missing. I'm sure Microsoft wants to push Settings at all costs, but I wish they didn't try to shove it down users' throats and instead give us options....
  10. How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?: Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it manually? Thanks 49414