Windows 10: How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

Discus and support How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonDuncan68, Jan 30, 2019.

1. How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

Greetings,

This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by Windows 10 after a few reboots. I know how I can disable it via a BIOS setting. I also know if it is installed I can end the process in Task Scheduler then disable it. Then I can go into Services and disable it as well and THEN I can go into Add/Remove programs and supposedly remove it. The problem is it keeps coming back. It may be disabled but it keeps coming back.

If I keep it from being loaded on a fresh install, the same thing happens, after a few boots it is loaded into the registry as simply disabled but it is still there.

This program is causing issues with my speed on my SSDs and CPU. When it is not installed I get 33% more performance from my SSDs, the moment it is loaded in an active/disabled state, the SSDs and CPU drops in performance.

So how do I fully uninstall it permanently and/or keep it from EVER being installed to begin with? Please help Windows Support!

:)

RonDuncan68, Jan 30, 2019
  2. TedN91740 Win User

Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi Ann

I uninstalled, restarted, and then reinstalled the Intel Turbo Boost 3.0 app.

I restarted the PC and the app didn't "splash onto the screen and then disappear. It continued to display until I closed it.

After closing it the app was still enabled and running in the background.

I'm open to more suggestions.

Ted

TedN91740, Jan 30, 2019
  3. TedN91740 Win User
    Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi MC

You just disabled it. I have four apps that I have programmed into my Turbo Boost.

The Turbo Boost actually works well. The apps I have programmed into it run faster because of the Turbo Boost.

Because you disable it I don't think I could manually start it to run my apps. It is past 3 AM and I'm too tired to try.

And if I could manually start it I would be staring at the Turbo App until I manually click the close button. That is why we are all here to stop having to click on the close button either right after your PC starts up or if you can manually start it if
    as in your case you have disabled it.

What we need is a smart Intel Guy to figure out how the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update is fouling up Intel's Turbo Boost app.

TedN91740, Jan 30, 2019
  4. How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

Intel Turbo Boost has stopped...

This happened after I started Hyper-V.

This was my first time creating a virtual machine and I was successful, but very soon after that I got a pop up saying Turbo Boost has stopped, unspecified error. I've tried restarting it but the error just happens again. I looked online for help and changed
    the Log On setting to local system account and allow service to interact with desktop, but no change. It was on This account before.

I've disabled Hyper-V in services and made sure it isn't running but Intel Turbo Boost still doesn't start up.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated...

EDIT:

After disabling Hyper-V in windows features and then restarting, Turbo Boost works again!

Is there any reason they can't work together?

KRISHFROMLONDON, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

1. How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed? - Similar Threads - prevent Intel Turbo

2. Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working: Hii,I have a Intel i3-1005G1 Processor HP laptop.My Intel Turbo Mode is enabled but cpu clock speed not increasing.My Max turbo speed should be 3.4ghz but it's stuck at 1.19ghz.I did all solutions but nothing is effecting.Minimum and maximum Processor State is also not adding...
  3. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  4. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  5. Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install: I have the I-9-9980xe with the Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme. After building the machine, I noticed that the Intel Turbo boost 3.0 application would not install, further investigation has led me to that it was disabled in one of the recent major W10 updates. Does anyone know...
  6. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?: I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night . According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base speed and 3.1 GHz as max turbo speed . If I game on this laptop , monitoring utilities shows the CPU to be working at 2.8...
  7. BSOD intel turbo boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intel turbo boost: why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! 149006
  8. Automatically change turbo boost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change turbo boost: Is there any way to change turbo boost automatically depending on if certain programs are running or not, I've used ThrottleStop but don't want to have to turn it on/off manually all the time depending on what I want to do. Would this affect performance significantly...
  9. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00243 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0...
  10. How do I stop or permanently erase Intel Turbo Boost driver/program?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop or permanently erase Intel Turbo Boost driver/program?: Greetings, This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by Windows 10 after a few reboots. I know how I can disable it via a BIOS setting. I also know if it is installed I can end the...