Windows 10: How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it...

Discus and support How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/caceomorphism [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/caceomorphism, Jul 9, 2020.

1. How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it...

/u/caceomorphism, Jul 9, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it... [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jul 9, 2020
  3. How to prevent Skype reinstalling itself

Windows 10 Home v 1083.17134.48

I do not want Skype. I know what it is but I still don't want it. Any cut and paste answer which just tells me what Skype is and how it will transform my life is a waste of your time and mine.

At irregular intervals a pop out notice from the Action Centre tells me I am now connected to Skype and it has even given me a user name and signed in for me. I do not want anything to do with Skype so I look in Programmes and Features to uninstall it but
    it isn't there. I look in Apps, find it, right click and click Uninstall. A few days or weeks later it's back without me having reinstalled it, the message again telling me I'm connected with the same user name.

How is this happening? Why do Microsoft think it's a good idea to sign me up to something without my knowledge or consent? How do I prevent this unwanted behaviour from happening again?

I do not want Skype. I've selected "Security and Privacy" as the category for my question as I believe it adversely affects both.

DamianDavis, Jul 9, 2020
  4. ragtop04 Win User

How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it...

skype keeps installing

I have uninstalled skype probably 4 times and every time I boot up it is back. What is going on? How do I prevent it from installing without permission?

ragtop04, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it...

1. How do you prevent Skype from being installed without consent? This isn't the first time it... - Similar Threads - prevent Skype being

2. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  3. Windows 10 preventing me from booting into desktop without first non-consensually being...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 preventing me from booting into desktop without first non-consensually being...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatsurissuebro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10r6i6g/windows_10_preventing_me_from_booting_into/
  4. How do I prevent Windows Update from restarting my computer without my consent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Windows Update from restarting my computer without my consent?: Win10 Pro user here. I can't stand this anymore. I haven't lost any computer data to an actual virus or malware attack since the year 2003, but I lose work to Windows' intrusive update procedure on a near-monthly basis. Windows might as well be the virus at this point. It's...
  5. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?: My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked the time in family link and it was definitely over night while she slept. Surely there is a better way than expecting a...
  6. Stopping Microsoft-related products from being downloaded without consent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Microsoft-related products from being downloaded without consent: Hello Windows community. The problem I am using Windows 10 Pro N. This morning, I turned my PC on out of sleep. As soon as I logged into my session, I noticed something was being downloaded in the background. After a few minutes, I found out the Microsoft "Teams...
  7. So first you decide to update without me consent, then you have an error and spend the next...

So first you decide to update without me consent, then you have an error and spend the next...: I hate Windows 10 submitted by /u/luckjes112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa81wf/so_first_you_decide_to_update_without_me_consent/
  8. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?: Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart...
  9. How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?: Greetings, This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by Windows 10 after a few reboots. I know how I can disable it via a BIOS setting. I also know if it is installed I can end the...
  10. How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed: If M.S. has downloaded a "Feature" update, but it has yet been installed, is there a way to make sure M.S. will not automatically install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-ms-update-from-being-installed/deb29b53-ce97-47ac-8cc2-f8125e5c11c5