Windows 10: How do you print via command line?

Discus and support How do you print via command line? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to properly use the print command.Here's my printer information: [ATTACH] How should I modify the example from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grifith1184, Jul 2, 2020.

1. How do you print via command line?

I can't figure out how to properly use the print command.Here's my printer information:

How do you print via command line? 8f21d337-58b9-457e-a81b-21094c31e66e?upload=true.png

How should I modify the example from the Microsoft Docs page,

"print /d:\\copyroom\printer1 c:\accounting\report.txt"

to print a file? This doesn't work,

"print /D:^"\\USBPOS-X0\POS-X Thermal Printer^" C:\Users\Briar\rebol\zw"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't put a file extension because I'm writing esc/pos commands along with text to the file.

:)

grifith1184, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do you print the collage once you made it?

Hi Patrica,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open Photo app
    • Select the photo
    • Press ctrl + P , then select the printer and print check if it helps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 2, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

How do you print via command line?

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

In order for this to work, you need to access the folder of interest via the command line. To get there, type CD [path to folder], where "path to folder is the path to the folder you want to print. For example,
    CD c:\users\myfolder. Once there, you can run the DIR command to redirect the output to a text file as in your example.

JimWynne, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

How do you print via command line?

1. How do you print via command line? - Similar Threads - print via command

2. How to manually send stop codes via CMD command line?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to manually send stop codes via CMD command line?: I Understand that you can trigger BSOD by creating a registry entry that causes a crash by pressing Right Control and scroll lock. And I know that you can also crash the system by typing "wininit" into powershell, or killing the svchost.exe program via task manager. However I...
  3. Speed test via command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test via command line: I need to test the speed of an Internet connection.I can test it by connecting to sites line fast.com or speedtest.net, but I want to perform a continuous test and to save the results on a file.I created a PowerShell script to run ping every 30 seconds and it works fine, but...
  4. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Browsers and Email
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  5. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  6. Printing PDFs from Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing PDFs from Windows Command Line: Hello, I'm searching application to print pdfs from command line. Print with page orientation and duplex. I found only commercial solution. Is there full free alternative? Thanks for tips. 140801
  7. How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change and refresh AccentColor via command line?: Hello, In my Personalization Settings, I have "Show accent color on" for Start, Taskbar, Action Center, Title bars, and Window borders. I have a batch file that sets the Accent Color like this: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM" /v AccentColor...
  8. how do i open a command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i open a command line: I am new, no idea how to get a command line open,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-command-line/cada7a9d-864d-4da5-aa5d-a2abe0d9a296"
  9. Can't add user via command line

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add user via command line: I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what I get when I open CMD: I can't go beyond this point, I keep getting error messages. Any help would be deeply appreciated....
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...