Windows 10: How do you raise a fraud issue with Microsoft without access to the account?

Discus and support How do you raise a fraud issue with Microsoft without access to the account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Someone has purchased 4 lots of game credits using my PayPal account. The charge is from Microsoft for Rocket League credits. I did not have an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AK1_599, Sep 5, 2020.

1. AK1_599 Win User

How do you raise a fraud issue with Microsoft without access to the account?

Someone has purchased 4 lots of game credits using my PayPal account. The charge is from Microsoft for Rocket League credits.
    I did not have an account with Microsoft, when I did a forgotten username it asks for an email address. I entered mine and it shows my email address is associated with some random persons account. I cannot log into that account to dispute the transactions and there is no way to contact Microsoft without answering irrelevant questions by a chatbot and going around in circles on their site.

Users beware of this scam.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AK1_599, Sep 5, 2020
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 5, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you raise a fraud issue with Microsoft without access to the account? - Similar Threads - raise fraud issue

2. How do I report fraud on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  3. How do I report fraud on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  4. How do I report fraud on my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How can you re-access an administrator account that is a Microsoft account that you cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you re-access an administrator account that is a Microsoft account that you cannot...: I had created an administrator account by creating a new outlook Microsoft account. My laptop is freshly bought- and has no current files or anything on it. However, whenever I try signing in, the password comes out as incorrect each time. I can't reset the password because...
  6. How can you re-access an administrator account that is a Microsoft account that you cannot...

How can you re-access an administrator account that is a Microsoft account that you cannot...: I had created an administrator account by creating a new outlook Microsoft account. My laptop is freshly bought- and has no current files or anything on it. However, whenever I try signing in, the password comes out as incorrect each time. I can't reset the password because...
  7. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...
  8. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...
  9. Account Fraud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Fraud: My account is being charged by someone in Nigeria. I need to know what these purchases are. I cannot get a live person. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-fraud/9836f03d-889d-4533-a0bb-45d6fa0f8d5e
  10. Account Fraud

Account Fraud: My account is being charged by someone in Nigeria. I need to know what these purchases are. I cannot get a live person. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-fraud/9836f03d-889d-4533-a0bb-45d6fa0f8d5e