Windows 10: How do you read a Minidump file?

Discus and support How do you read a Minidump file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey thereI've been having on and off issues with my computer randomly restarting or blue screening. I personally think it's a graphics driver issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeBlogs3, Sep 30, 2021.

1. JoeBlogs3 Win User

How do you read a Minidump file?

Hey thereI've been having on and off issues with my computer randomly restarting or blue screening. I personally think it's a graphics driver issue, but I use Geforce Experience when updating, so why would it be?Any help with this matter will be appreciated

:)

JoeBlogs3, Sep 30, 2021
  2. AsphyxiA Win User

Why does my computer BSOD? Can you read a minidump file?

I just did a fresh install of Win7 Pro on my laptop and I found that when I try to put my computer to sleep, it doesn't go into sleep but bluescreens. I checked the video drivers and this does not seem to be the problem. I have tried a few different older drivers to see. It seems to have happened when I updated windows, before update the computer would sleep with the latest nvidia mobile driver. Any chance someone could read a minidump file for me so I can try and get this fixed?

AsphyxiA, Sep 30, 2021
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Help reading mini dmp file

please post the dump file here which should be located at c:\windows\minidump

Arrakis9, Sep 30, 2021
  4. How do you read a Minidump file?

Problem with 4500MHD to read Sony .mts files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which player are you using?
    • Did you try to play the same video's using different player?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install all the Windows updates including optional updates and check if it works.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to update the video driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Expand display adapter and right click on installed driver and click on update.
    Step 3:
    If doesn't work, I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

How do you read a Minidump file?

1. How do you read a Minidump file? - Similar Threads - read Minidump file

2. Helping reading Minidump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helping reading Minidump file: Hello helpful people,I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction to resolve my BSOD problems.The links below are 3 minidump files I received...
  3. Helping reading Minidump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helping reading Minidump file: Hello helpful people,I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction to resolve my BSOD problems.The links below are 3 minidump files I received...
  4. reading minidump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reading minidump file: I am hoping someone could assist me in deciphering this minidump file and point me in the right direction.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2MFdYKX9VTSVVqYJ4gUnWzIhSR3Jrdy/view?usp=drive_linkThanks for you help.Jason...
  5. reading minidump file

reading minidump file: I am hoping someone could assist me in deciphering this minidump file and point me in the right direction.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2MFdYKX9VTSVVqYJ4gUnWzIhSR3Jrdy/view?usp=drive_linkThanks for you help.Jason...
  6. Help reading these minidump files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help reading these minidump files?: Been having issues for a while now, did a full windows reinstall twice. Both times, they ran fine for a while and then starting getting bluescreens doing even the most mundane of things sometimes, like just sitting in desktop. I heard minidumps can be used to give a clue as...
  7. Help reading these minidump files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help reading these minidump files?: Been having issues for a while now, did a full windows reinstall twice. Both times, they ran fine for a while and then starting getting bluescreens doing even the most mundane of things sometimes, like just sitting in desktop. I heard minidumps can be used to give a clue as...
  8. Help reading these minidump files?

9. Read Minidump File

Read Minidump File: Could someone please read the minidump file i have attached?Thank Youhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0AlCSwJ15enE8KYzlG1MMWjL45?e=Q6QSgW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-minidump-file/5d27ceea-dbe5-4b1d-9222-abbe67240d9b
  10. Read Minidump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Minidump File: Could someone please read the minidump file i have attached?Thank Youhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0AlCSwJ15enE8KYzlG1MMWjL45?e=Q6QSgW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-minidump-file/5d27ceea-dbe5-4b1d-9222-abbe67240d9b