Windows 10: How do you reboot Windows 10 when all else has failed?

Discus and support How do you reboot Windows 10 when all else has failed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot up I just get the Windows sign with 5 dots flying around in a circle...for hours! Anybody got answers? 17488 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dana, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Dana Win User

How do you reboot Windows 10 when all else has failed?

When I boot up I just get the Windows sign with 5 dots flying around in a circle...for hours! Anybody got answers?

:)

2. Allan Mej Win User

How do you reboot windows 10?My screen has Administrator:cmd.exe on it and I cant access my computer

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concerns so that we'll be able to assist you. Kindly answer these following questions:

• What are the changes that you've made prior to the issue?
    • Can you restart your PC by pressing the Reset button?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Mdub1 Win User
    How do you reboot windows 10?My screen has Administrator:cmd.exe on it and I cant access my computer

How do I reboot windows 10

Mdub1, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Try to boot into safe mode, you can do this by holding down the power button until the pc shuts off 3 times after seeing the windows logo, you will then see the recovery options.

5. Dana Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I tried safe mode, restore, repair, defrag, dbug...I just can't get to regular windows 10. I've resorted to just letting the program repair itself by letting the little dots do their thing!

6. Bazz Win User
    Ok np your welcome however there were things you could of done from within safemode to help without just jumping in and pressing buttons. My Mrs is like that she is just click happy.

7. Dana Win User
    Okay, what do you suggest?

8. Bazz Win User

Well I don't know if you would care to tell me what is happening with your pc now after you have repaired it we can go from there.

9. Dana Win User
    Well, the same 5 dots are still circling in the middle of the screen. This means that the computer is repairing and rebooting itself. It's been doing this since midnight.

10. WhyMe Win User
    Hi Dana and welcome to the forum *Smile

Do have bootable Win10 usb installation disk? If not, can you make one on another pc? Here is the tutorial (use option 1)

Then read the instructions (in option 5) in the tutorial How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 as this will show you how to use your new usb installation disk to access the Advanced Options. Once that is done you can proceed further.

From within the Advanced Startup Options, follow the instructions (option1) of the tutorial How to Refresh Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  11. I got locked out of 10 by going into "Sleep" mode and it refused to wake up. I tried rebooting and hitting the "F" keys, F-10 ended up working for me and 10 rebooted, maybe this will help. I am on the long list of those that wish I had stayed with 7 as I can see no advantages and have only had time consuming problems.

Dragonheart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you reboot Windows 10 when all else has failed? - Similar Threads - reboot else has

2. How to remove DS4 from Windows when all else fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove DS4 from Windows when all else fails.: So, as I couldn't find a response I worked it through myself.When the folder, program, app and all other delete, remove or bin options fail...log in as administrator to powershell and delete the files and folders from there.To do so you need some basic knowledge on how to...
  3. How to remove DS4 from Windows when all else fails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove DS4 from Windows when all else fails.: So, as I couldn't find a response I worked it through myself.When the folder, program, app and all other delete, remove or bin options fail...log in as administrator to powershell and delete the files and folders from there.To do so you need some basic knowledge on how to...
  4. Code: 0x8007042c. What do I do when all else fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code: 0x8007042c. What do I do when all else fails?: Hello,All I wanted to do was watch Sky Go in bed on the laptop's WiFi. But suddenly... I now seem to be encountering a common problem Win10, 64bit:- Network icon disappeared from taskbar resulting in no available WiFi selection aside from Flight Mode. Going directly to WiFi...
  5. Code: 0x8007042c. What do I do when all else fails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code: 0x8007042c. What do I do when all else fails?: Hello,All I wanted to do was watch Sky Go in bed on the laptop's WiFi. But suddenly... I now seem to be encountering a common problem Win10, 64bit:- Network icon disappeared from taskbar resulting in no available WiFi selection aside from Flight Mode. Going directly to WiFi...
  6. Code: 0x8007042c. What do I do when all else fails?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you get this to default to *all files* when you browse?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DisastrousBet7320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9mz12/how_do_you_get_this_to_default_to_all_files_when/
  8. How to Port Forward when all else fails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Port Forward when all else fails?: Spoiler alert: I'm doing this to get eMule to work, so if you're philosophically opposed to such things ... look away. I'm using a Dell XPS PC, Windows10, Comodo security and Verizon/Fios. I've been using eMule for years; so long that I've long forgotten how to remedy the...
  9. How do you reboot Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you reboot Windows 10?: Dear Sir/Madam, The Laptop bought recently Windows 10 worked a few months ago and does not work now. When I switch it on it appears but does not respond. I tried touching the keyboard nothing happens. The On light is blue there is a sound but no response. Do not know...
  10. All else fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All else fails: Please help! I upgraded win 7 to win 10, it started having problems. At first it was fine, when all of the sudden it got into a repair loop, i tried everything. Everything in the "Trobleshoot" fails. Reinstalling windows got me a "select driver to install" problem, i tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset windows 10 if all else failed

2. windows 10 reset when all else fails