Windows 10: How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?

Discus and support How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the latest Win 10 Update my searches in MS Outlook have been failing. A message indicates the the items are not indexed. Help in Outlook (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maninfrontofpc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?

Since the latest Win 10 Update my searches in MS Outlook have been failing.

A message indicates the the items are not indexed. Help in Outlook (and what I can find on the web) tells me to "Open the Control Panel" as the first step to reset the Search Catalogue. But the Control Panel has now gone and I can't find the option under the Settings. Searching for Indexing from Settings Home gives "No results for Indexing"

Please can someone help.

MS Outlook version: Outlook 2010 (14.0.7182.5000) SP2 MSO (14.0.7182.5000)

Win 10 - Latest Update: Windows 10 Home, Version 1703; OS Build 16063.483

This update has caused me other headaches - Needed to reinstall my printer S/W just to print one page yesterday. How many other issues will I have over the coming weeks? Only time will tell.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Maninfrontofpc, Jul 15, 2017
  2. jpheyer Win User

Window 10 Search Service does not work. "Invalid permissions on Windows Search Catalogues"

Windows Search (Windows 10) seems dead.

"Invalid permissions on Windows Search Catalogues"

I have deleted and rebuild my index and troubleshot the Windows Search Service.

Windows Search Service seems to be running (automatic), however when "searching", it gives absolutely no results.

The new Windows Search function is absolutely dead. No apps, files nor settings.

Another troubleshooting states this item as unsolved "invalid permissions on windows search catalogues".

Please advise.

Thanks,

JP

jpheyer, Jul 15, 2017
  3. poiskPS Win User
    Search does not include the mails on Windows 10.

search in Win 7 was instantly finding items in both documents and emails as soon as search terms were typed in. Worked perfectly and was used all the time.

After the upgrade to Win 10 results in emails are not found.

tried rebuilding index to no avail.

Any ideas? thanks in advance

Original title:search not displaying emails after upgrade to Windows 10

poiskPS, Jul 15, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?

Type Control Panel in Search..

dencal, Jul 15, 2017
  5. I assumed as the Control Panel had gone from the menu then it had really gone. Hence I was looking for "Indexing Options"

Why have they hidden it!!!

Now I have found the Indexing Options, the help works.

Solved.

Maninfrontofpc, Jul 15, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Another way if search doesn't work and you can't search for control panel is to use run box. Type *Start and R to open it.

control <OK> will open control panel.

How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update? [​IMG]

control srchadmin.dll <OK> will open indexing options box directly.

There is a list of them all here List of Control Panel Command Line Commands

7. lx07 Win User
    Indexing options should be there in search. It probably isn't showing as index needs rebuilding which is a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Most likely if you rebuild index it will reappear...

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?

1. How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update? - Similar Threads - Rebuild Search Catalogue

2. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  3. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  4. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that search results are missing, no longer valid, or incorrect, then […] This article How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Problems after latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after latest Win 10 update: some programs won't work after latest Win 10 update, and my password manager won't run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-after-latest-win-10-update/9c4a91d7-70b6-4236-8f76-7745a7984356
  7. Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10: HP Laserjet MFP M127fn. Prior to complete rebuild of pc this printer ran fine under Win 10. Rebuild the pc, completely updated Win 10, and now every time I try and install the printer I get the error "A problem occurred while preparing to install software to your system....
  8. Latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update: Update was downloaded and when I tried to boot after restart it loads some things (network adapter) that i can see but hangs up after Win trademark and loads no more . I am not tech astute but have tried to boot in safe mode but can't do that. I can load HP diagnostics but...
  9. Latest Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...
  10. How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria: When you think you know part of a file name, how do you search only for files on "this PC" that have that word or words in the file name. I may be missing something but when I search, I get everything that has the search word anywhere in it and I am left with hundreds of...