Windows 10: hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN...

Discus and support hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; IT SAYS IT ALL IN THE SUBJECT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LouBecker, Mar 21, 2019.

1. LouBecker Win User

hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN...

IT SAYS IT ALL IN THE SUBJECT

:)

LouBecker, Mar 21, 2019

2. File History is off and won't recognize my external drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What is the status when you connect your external driver in your system?

• Have you checked with a different external drive? What is the status?

• Have you tried connecting the drive in a different USB port? What is the status?

I suggest you to disable your third party-software (If any) and check if it resolves the issue.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Check if it helps.

You can also try turning on file history by following the below procedure and check if it resolves the issue.

To enable file history on Windows 10, connect an external hard drive and follow the steps below:

• Open Start menu and type
      File History

• Click File History (control panel)

• Tap or click Select a drive, and choose the network or external drive you want to use.

• Turn on File History
    Note: If the network drive you want isn’t in the list of available drives, tap or click Show all network locations. If the drive you want isn’t listed there either, open File History in Control Panel, tap or click Add
    a network location, and follow the instructions on the screen.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 21, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 21, 2019
  4. hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN...

File History drive

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long, or it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll need to reconnect your File History drive.
    Plug in your external File History drive or reselect your network. You can start a backup manually or wait for the next scheduled backup or reselect the drive. Here is the steps:

To manually start a backup

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Back up now.

To reselect your drive

• Open File History by pressing Windows key> type File History
      > Click on File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Select a File History drive page, tap or click your current drive or network location, and then tap or click
      OK.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN...

1. hOW DO YOU RECONMNECT THE HISTORY DRIVBER IF YOU DONT HAVE AN EXTERNAL DRIVE ( IF YOU CAN... - Similar Threads - RECONMNECT HISTORY DRIVBER

2. How do you delete an old email address that you dont have access anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you delete an old email address that you dont have access anymore?: I recently graduated from university and have no further use for my old university email address. I intentionally let the email password lapse and can no longer sign into the account in question. I've been getting quite a bit of notifications on my computer asking me to fix...
  3. Hide Optional Updates - HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hide Optional Updates - HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!!: HOW DO YOU HIDE UPDATES YOU DONT WANT!!! I dont want these Intel Updates - how do I get windows to HIDE THEM' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-optional-updates-how-do-you-hide-updates-you/fbc2b17f-5228-4a14-841f-bc845fbeaf2b
  4. How do you setup external headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you setup external headphones?: I'm trying to setup headphones for my laptop, but when I try to go to sound settings, it doesn't detect it, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-setup-external-headphones/3f66c2e2-c67e-4e02-a5f7-b2c1a531ad6a
  5. Can you transfer games if you dont have your old email on microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can you transfer games if you dont have your old email on microsoft store?: So I forgot my outlook email im trying to find the email but cant and was wondering if i could somehow transfer Minecraft windows ten edition...
  6. How do you unformat a drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you unformat a drive?: Hi! I used a hard drive for my ps4 for games but I don't play it anymore o I wanted to put movies in it too watch downstairs but for some reason it doesn't show in the devices & drives part? when I plug it in? instead it shows my email submitted by /u/Jkanjm [link]...
  7. you dont have a mic ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    you dont have a mic ?: try to git a mic and try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-have-a-mic/62a1bdaa-79bf-4045-93f6-ac1c46376c06
  8. Back up to an external drive - how do you do it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Back up to an external drive - how do you do it: How do I back up my files to an external drive? Where do I find it to ask it to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/back-up-to-an-external-drive-how-do-you-do-it/8d225a3b-cec0-4289-b61b-1423930608a0
  9. Can you combine external drives into a MEGA external drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can you combine external drives into a MEGA external drive?: I have an external hard drive that I connect to my router and I back up important files to. But I'm reaching the external hard drive's limit. I was wondering if I could combine several external hard drives so they act like one huge mega hard drive. *Smile I was doing some...
  10. Can you do this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you do this?: Last night windows 10 stopped me from being able to sign in and this means i can no longer user my computer. Has anyone got a way that you can get to the trouble shoot without having to sign in? Also if not then can you find out what email i used for windows 10 as it only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect my file history drive in windows 10