Windows 10: How do you redeem a code for a game you already own?

Discus and support How do you redeem a code for a game you already own? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have wanted to get minecraft on my pc, and I had an extra code laying around. I tried using that code For minecraft, a game I own on my xbox, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Landon12, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Landon12 Win User

How do you redeem a code for a game you already own?

So I have wanted to get minecraft on my pc, and I had an extra code laying around. I tried using that code For minecraft, a game I own on my xbox, and it said I already had it and to download it from my library. I try to, but there is an error sign, how do I fix this?

:)

Landon12, Mar 15, 2021

2. Redeem a game

I'm from Romania, Europe, don't know if my language will be available but i don't want it in my language, i want it in english.

I've done both Online and Windows 10 steps from the link, but still the same error:

Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.

MaciucSilviu, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Redeem a game

Hi,

One of the possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues in redeeming the game code is due to the game not available in your location. Currently, here are the languages that the game supports:

• English (United States)
    • 中文(中华人民共和国)
    • 中文(香港特別行政區)
    • Français (France)
    • Deutsch (Deutschland)
    • Italiano (Italia)
    • 日本語 (日本)
    • 한국어(대한민국)
    • Polski (Polska)
    • Português (Brasil)
    • усский ( оссия)
    • Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
    • Español (Latinoamérica)
    If your language is not listed, that means that the game is not yet available in your country.

If the game is available in your region but you're still having issues with redeeming the code, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to redeem the game code from the Windows 10 Store.

Notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 15, 2021
  4. Paul Bab Win User

Can't find the games I redeemed via codes

Hi,

To download the games that were purchased or redeemed using a prepaid code on Windows 10, kindly perform the following steps:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse and select the game that you purchased or redeemed using a prepaid code.
    • Select Install.
    Make sure that you are logged in with the Microsoft Account that you used to redeem the game's prepaid code.

Keep us posted.

Paul Bab, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you redeem a code for a game you already own? - Similar Threads - redeem code game

2. How do I fix "looks like you already own this" error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "looks like you already own this" error message.: I was trying to purchase some robux when an error message came up saying " looks like you already own this, go to my games and apps or my library on your home device to download it. If you are gaming from the cloud it should be ready to go." error code...
  3. How do I fix the “looks like you already own this” error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I fix the “looks like you already own this” error: When I try to purchase 80 robux, it keeps saying that I already own this even though you can purchase robux multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-looks-like-you-already-own-this/fc54e5f6-dae1-4c1e-aa55-f4a5e7b6fa4d
  4. "You own this game".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You own this game".: Hello, this is Astrid. On my lenovo I am having this problem where I am installing this game but it says I already own this game but I don't. I looked in every file and know I don't own this game but I want to install this game but does not let me. hat do I do to install...
  5. Code already redeemed

Code already redeemed: I will try to keep it as short as possible. Basically, I have already redeemed a code for Minecraft Windows 10/Microsoft edition but I do not see it in my Microsoft store library/order history. I bought Minecraft years ago so I can get a code, and I already checked the only...
  6. My already redeemed game code was redeemed on another account

My already redeemed game code was redeemed on another account: I'm as confused as you might be and I'm not sure who to go to for help since I was told the support staff can't do anything about it. Essentially, I got a code for Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft for buying Minecraft Java edition a long time ago. Naturally, being a...
  7. Game Code Already Redeemed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Game Code Already Redeemed: Hello. Back in September I purchased a Geforce RTX 2080 TI the EVGA FTW3 Ultra from Amazon.com. It was the most money I had ever spent on a PC component and I was very excited. I was also excited to play the 2 free games that the video card came with. These games were Control...
  8. Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...: Hi so i had minecraft windows 10 previously but i reset my pc. i just bought a minecraft code and when i try to redeem it then it says Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. I dont have minecraft windows 10 installed on my pc because i reset it....
  9. Code already redeemed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code already redeemed: I recently buyed gears of war 4 from instant gaming, but when i try to redeem it, it says that the code has already been redeemed, i'd like to know when (date and hours) it was redeemed so i can get a refund....
  10. Code Already Redeemed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Code Already Redeemed?: I have the Java version for Minecraft and I have been trying to download the Windows 10 version since I got a free code for it. I accidentally pressed back when I entered the code and now I can't download it because it says it was already redeemed. I just want to play with my...