Windows 10: How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot?

Discus and support How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop's been having a problem disk checking/repair wont finish with disk checking for the past 2 days. Ive completely given up with troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KimiES, Sep 3, 2021.

1. KimiES Win User

How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot?

My laptop's been having a problem disk checking/repair wont finish with disk checking for the past 2 days. Ive completely given up with troubleshooting it and i just wanna reformat/reinstall/reset windows but all the guides on youtube have windows working properly and the ones that don't, go into safe mode and do it from there. But my laptop wont go to safe mode, even though im pressing escape, f1,f1,f5,etc it still goes straight into disk checking. From what ive learned from google, when windows does disk checking, its a software problem not a hardware problem so my laptop still works.If it

:)

KimiES, Sep 3, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot? [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot? - Similar Threads - reformat reinstall laptop

2. How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?: Please provide an easy way on how to reformat laptop. Im not that good in computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reformat-my-windows-10-laptop/7a894ea2-f1cd-4810-8852-69512d20c198
  3. How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?: Please provide an easy way on how to reformat laptop. Im not that good in computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reformat-my-windows-10-laptop/7a894ea2-f1cd-4810-8852-69512d20c198
  4. How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows?: How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-11-on-my-laptop-that/4522ddb9-18a4-43b2-adc5-8e82288443ae
  6. How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows?: How do I reinstall windows 11 on my laptop that won't start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-11-on-my-laptop-that/4522ddb9-18a4-43b2-adc5-8e82288443ae
  7. How do you reinstall bluetooth on the windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you reinstall bluetooth on the windows 10: I was using the bluetooth as normal and then all of a sudden my laptop no longer has bluetooth. I went to the device manager and showed the hidden items but there was no bluetooth there so now apparently I need to reinstall the bluetooth driver and I have no idea how to do...
  8. How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

in Cortana
    How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?: I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reinstall-cortana-in-windows-10/f8b1acca-43e6-49b9-b259-82e9b7361877
  9. If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.: My laptop is a dell g3 i5. my gtx 1050 ti became undetected for some reason. I then uninstalled it in hopes to reinstall it and for it to work. Now I can't reinstall it. Help submitted by /u/theal2345 [link] [comments]...
  10. Reformatting Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...