Windows 10: How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

Discus and support How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ? in Cortana to solve the problem; I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RanD2RanD, Apr 17, 2020.

1. RanD2RanD Win User

How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ?

:)

RanD2RanD, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - reinstall Cortana

2. My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...: My Windows 11 says Cortana is disabled. I've tried to enable, search file explorer, update, search store, search microsoft.com, search Ease of Access, Accessibility, and Troubleshoot.How do I enable or reinstall Cortana?...
  3. My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 cannot find Cortana. How do I find or reinstall Cortana? I already...: My Windows 11 says Cortana is disabled. I've tried to enable, search file explorer, update, search store, search microsoft.com, search Ease of Access, Accessibility, and Troubleshoot.How do I enable or reinstall Cortana?...
  4. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  5. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  6. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Cortana
  7. How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...: There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator -This is really annoying, I cant access apps like Photos, Microsoft Store and Other Microsoft Apps.I have tried doing all the fixes like -...
  8. How to reinstall Windows search without Cortana app?

in Cortana
    How to reinstall Windows search without Cortana app?: Hi,I like to ask how to reinstall windows search app back into windows without Cortana app?Namely, I already uninstalled an application called Cortana during the computer set-up, and at that time the search was still working.I have also managed to remove an application called...
  9. Window spotlight stop working after reinstall cortana

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window spotlight stop working after reinstall cortana: Hi, Like the subject, spotlight feature on my lap stop working right after i reinstalled and use cortana win 10 ver 20h2 before i reinstall cortana, it still fine What should i do? Thanks....
  10. How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of the significant changes made to Windows 10 2004 is Cortana. Once what was integrated deep into the Operating System is now a standalone […] This article How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...