Windows 10: how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

Discus and support how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do you remove a user account from desktop,thanks... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DianaCollins1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

how do you remove a user account from desktop,thanks

:)

DianaCollins1, Dec 17, 2018

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

1. how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks - Similar Threads - remove user desktp

2. How do you remove you credit card info on your xbox 1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you remove you credit card info on your xbox 1: I would like to remove my creditcard info from my account asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-you-credit-card-info-on-your/0e271081-ea1d-4b1f-8f18-b3205bc9a8c8
  3. Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do: Please, add Microsoft apps for: - Offline browser - Peer to peer - Batch rename - Batch metadata manipulation - ASCII Art from images - File/folder comparison Please...
  4. How do you reset your HWID ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you reset your HWID ?: Can you elaborate step by step on doing so please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-your-hwid/37aa9908-64d8-47bd-b4f1-9d0c75e45a14
  5. Thank you, your answers solved my problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you, your answers solved my problem.: how can I count the characters in a WORD document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-your-answers-solved-my-problem/a1d3bdf9-fa34-4f8b-bbf9-668e0a70d293
  6. How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?: I want to remove the recycle Bin icon from the desktop, because I use "RocketDock", a small task bar similar to the desktop bar on an Apple Mac. This bar has a Refuge Bin which I prefer! I need to maintain the function of the refuge Bin but without the desktop bin icon? Any...
  7. hello and thank you

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hello and thank you: I cant set up fortnight on my computer, I'm not very knowledgeable about computers. how do I run a fix? or what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/hello-and-thank-you/66e24d00-be99-4edd-8174-334771ebe499
  8. Thank You

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You: I wish to thank all those who have helped me in trying to solve some problems with my win 10 Home edition. I wish to especially thank John C and Brink. Wishing all a great holiday season. 31448
  9. How to remove "do you want your PC to be discoverable" message?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove "do you want your PC to be discoverable" message?: When you first complete the OOBE wizard and get into your desktop, a message appears about the network: "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" Does anyone know a way to make this not appear at all? It can be confusing...
  10. How do you remove the watermark

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove the watermark: I know this distro is only a few days old but has anyone figured out how to remove the watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop yet? 2063