Windows 10: how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

Discus and support how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do you remove a user account from desktop,thanks... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DianaCollins1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

how do you remove a user account from desktop,thanks

:)

DianaCollins1, Dec 17, 2018

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

1. how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks - Similar Threads - remove user desktp

2. Thank you now how to delete the previous user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you now how to delete the previous user profile: Can you just elaborate for how to delete the last user profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-now-how-to-delete-the-previous-user/c068571d-e031-45e4-9e23-4c529c07a1b3
  3. Thank you now how to delete the previous user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you now how to delete the previous user profile: Can you just elaborate for how to delete the last user profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-now-how-to-delete-the-previous-user/c068571d-e031-45e4-9e23-4c529c07a1b3
  4. Thank you now how to delete the previous user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  6. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  7. Thank you!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you!!!!!: @Brink I want to thank you very much for all the help you've given me through the years. I'm sure you work very hard doing what you do for so many. The tutorials are all excellent and you run the best forum I've ever been on. Guess words are not really enough to express my...
  8. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  9. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  10. How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?: I want to remove the recycle Bin icon from the desktop, because I use "RocketDock", a small task bar similar to the desktop bar on an Apple Mac. This bar has a Refuge Bin which I prefer! I need to maintain the function of the refuge Bin but without the desktop bin icon? Any...