Windows 10: How do you remove an old email account from mail?

Discus and support How do you remove an old email account from mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is an old account I no longer have access to and is empty. I have removed it from my profile in settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulBrenner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. How do you remove an old email account from mail?

It is an old account I no longer have access to and is empty. I have removed it from my profile in settings?

:)

PaulBrenner, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Removing email account added to Mail app settings

Hi Robert,

Removing or deleting an email account from the Mail app is possible via the Settings in the Mail app. You can do this by following these steps:

• Click the Gear icon in the lower left corner of the Mail app.
    • Choose Manage Accounts, then choose the account you want to remove.
    • Choose Delete Account.

NOTE: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account
    using another email client or on the web.

Let us know if you have other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TedJones Win User
    Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

HI,

So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?

Remove an account - Windows Help

and this
    People app help - Windows Help

Windows 10 Help Forums
    doesn't help since I cant access the accounts inside the app.. Enabling onedrive or this command didn't do anything either.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All I see is this e.g. People app

How do you remove an old email account from mail? [​IMG]

How do you remove an old email account from mail? [​IMG]

By mail app just this error if i try to add any account as seen on the right picture. Its like they're burred deep inside the system and I just can't get rid of them to add them new again.

I reinstalled both apps and its still showing this list..

How can I remove these accounts?? Please help How do you remove an old email account from mail? :)

TedJones, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How do you remove an old email account from mail?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

How do you remove an old email account from mail?

1. How do you remove an old email account from mail? - Similar Threads - remove old email

2. How to remove account from email and app accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove account from email and app accounts: Hi, One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019. The problem is, she can no longer log into her office programs. It only asks for an emailadress, but never a password (because of...
  3. how to remove old email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove old email address: My daugher used her old email on my Microsoft account and now I dont know how to get it removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-old-email-address/a375fcdd-6f85-4e72-a1a3-301518201342"
  4. remove old email address

remove old email address: need assistance in removing an old email address from microsoft accounts after old email provider closed down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-old-email-address/5fae1829-8a83-4cb5-b8dd-d8868e58ebe8
  5. How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?

How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?: I have a new computer and I want to remove my account from my old system, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-microsoft-account-from-from-my/2ec612c6-303e-4bbc-90a6-00062d74022e
  6. old email removal

old email removal: Is there an effective procedure to remove old email msgs; i.e., batch method . Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/old-email-removal/1fb76276-9094-4a83-81f0-d89149ff952b
  7. How do you remove the password from windows 10

How do you remove the password from windows 10: How do you remove the password from a user account in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-remove-the-password-from-windows-10/7a6af5b7-bcc7-4d8e-9ecc-ee5bd7493dd6
  8. How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to Remove an Email Account from Outlook.com: Under Windows 10, how do I remove an email account from Outlook.com? The account is the only one there and it is the address I used when I set up my Microsoft Account. I am having trouble and would like to start all over. Thank you. 23185
  9. How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?

in Browsers and Email
    How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?: I just thought that since we were talking about which email format we use, how about "How many email" accounts do we have? I have 6 local email accounts through my ISP. I then have 5 more through Gmail, Outlook, Live and Hotmail. If I include my work that is another 2....
  10. How do you remove the watermark

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove the watermark: I know this distro is only a few days old but has anyone figured out how to remove the watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop yet? 2063