Windows 10: How do you remove an old email account from mail?

Discus and support How do you remove an old email account from mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is an old account I no longer have access to and is empty. I have removed it from my profile in settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulBrenner, Aug 8, 2019.

1. How do you remove an old email account from mail?

It is an old account I no longer have access to and is empty. I have removed it from my profile in settings?

:)

PaulBrenner, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Removing email account added to Mail app settings

Hi Robert,

Removing or deleting an email account from the Mail app is possible via the Settings in the Mail app. You can do this by following these steps:

• Click the Gear icon in the lower left corner of the Mail app.
    • Choose Manage Accounts, then choose the account you want to remove.
    • Choose Delete Account.

NOTE: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account
    using another email client or on the web.

Let us know if you have other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 8, 2019
  3. TedJones Win User
    Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

HI,

So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?

Remove an account - Windows Help

and this
    People app help - Windows Help

Windows 10 Help Forums
    doesn't help since I cant access the accounts inside the app.. Enabling onedrive or this command didn't do anything either.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All I see is this e.g. People app

How do you remove an old email account from mail? [​IMG]

How do you remove an old email account from mail? [​IMG]

By mail app just this error if i try to add any account as seen on the right picture. Its like they're burred deep inside the system and I just can't get rid of them to add them new again.

I reinstalled both apps and its still showing this list..

How can I remove these accounts?? Please help How do you remove an old email account from mail? :)

TedJones, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How do you remove an old email account from mail?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

How do you remove an old email account from mail?

1. How do you remove an old email account from mail? - Similar Threads - remove old email

2. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  3. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  4. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  6. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  7. How do you remove a microsoft email/account from my system?

How do you remove a microsoft email/account from my system?: A long time ago my friend borrowed my pc and signed in to the Xbox app. Now I keep getting notifications that I changed my password on this account. I can't figure out how to remove his Microsoft account from my pc without his password....
  8. How to remove an account from MAIL?

How to remove an account from MAIL?: I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses. I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all details about the outlook account. I don't really know why, I linked my gmail account to it too. Now my gmail account gets...
  9. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  10. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...