Windows 10: How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel?

Discus and support How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/potato_cam [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/potato_cam, Jun 20, 2020.

1. How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel?

/u/potato_cam, Jun 20, 2020
  2. erpster4 Win User

Removing SRS Audio Control Panel / SRS Premium Sound

YES! *Biggrin

according to the drp.su site, HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0221&SUBSYS_103C3397" is listed in the HDAHPBPC.inf & HDXHPBPC.INF files. Those INF files seem to not only install the SRS DLL files but also register a bunch of SRS related reg entries in the [SRSInstallerSRS_PS.AddReg] section of those INF files; I do not have the [SRSInstallerSRS_PS.AddReg] section in the HDXCPC.inf and HDXCPCold.inf files since the HWID that I have on my HP computer is listed in a different INF file.

I found an SRS Premium Sound for HP app listed in the "Software - Multimedia" section of the HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF (Small Form Factor) downloads page and choosing Windows 7 x64 as the operating system on the HP support site [packaged in the sp57738.exe file]. this version of SRS Premium Sound app can actually be installed on virtually any HP/Compaq computer, even on my HP pavilion m8417c computer - the following below are the screenshots of having this version of SRS Premium Sound installed on the Hp m8417c.

How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel? [​IMG]

notice in this screenshot there's an SRS_PremiumSound_amd64.sys driver file in the \Windows\system32\drivers folder and Device Manager lists SRS Premium Sound in the Sound, video and game controllers section.

erpster4, Jun 20, 2020
  3. DanielHkn Win User
    Sound Control Panel

Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a
    lot of people never asked for it). Even so, why was it taken out? Is there a shortcut for it? Is there any way I can put the tab back on? It's annoying to have one or more steps to reach the Sound Control Panel when it has ALWAYS been like this FOR AGES.

DanielHkn, Jun 20, 2020
  4. How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel?

Windows 10 issues, can't get sound, issues with control panel and printer.

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to print or find control panel?

Try the steps mentioned in the link.

As you have issues with the sound, try the steps mentioned in the link

Windows 10 sound issues

You may try find the control panel by typing control panel in the search box.

Let us know more about the issue to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel?

1. How do you remove an unused device from the sound control panel? - Similar Threads - remove unused device

2. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  3. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  4. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do make you remove no output sound device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do make you remove no output sound device error: how do make you remove no output sound device error. My output device is working but the error still appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-make-you-remove-no-output-sound-device/31c4a688-cf6d-4d83-b04f-9fcde9e0be1c
  6. How do I remove an icon from the control panel??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an icon from the control panel??: I removed flash player from my systems. However the flash player 32 bit icon remains in the control panel. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-icon-from-the-control-panel/82a64703-bad6-46b3-9f99-b2da07fa0b3b
  7. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  8. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove srs premium sound