Windows 10: How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up)

Discus and support How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had a custom Hp laptop made. I ordered it in august and it arrived in late September. I've used it a handful of times so far. I was having an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rainingcatsnstuff, Oct 30, 2020.

1. How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up)

I had a custom Hp laptop made. I ordered it in august and it arrived in late September. I've used it a handful of times so far. I was having an issue with it freezing, and I tried to enter safe mode, but it kept asking for my Bitlocker recovery Key. It said it should be on my account at a specific link. My account tells me it can't find a key. Prior to seeing that I'd never even heard of bitlocker.

The HP support chat people just keep walking me in circles.

I did some searching and found out that it's an encryption tool, and that it's usually on Windows 10 Pro. I have Windows 10 Home mode, I'm the only one who uses this laptop and I didn't set bitlocker up. I'm wondering if somehow someone else owned my laptop before me and set it up, because I didn't set it up and there is no recovery key attached to my account.

My main question though is how do I remove it? I don't want to have to use a key to use safe mode or to restore the laptop, and this laptop isn't going to be used for anything that really requires encryption.

submitted by /u/Rainingcatsnstuff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rainingcatsnstuff, Oct 30, 2020

2. How to remove bitlocker from system?

Hi Patrik,

BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature present on Windows.

It seems that the troubleshooting steps that you've tried are for Windows 7. We suggest checking this
    thread and follow the steps given by
    Johann Eva to remove BitLocker encryption.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 30, 2020
  4. How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up)

i am trying to remove bitlocker windows 10 office 365

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, I would suggest visiting the following links:

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up)

1. How do you remove bitlocker (It's on my new computer and I didn't set it up) - Similar Threads - remove bitlocker computer

2. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  3. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  4. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  6. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  7. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up nd not sure since it is being used since 2018. My just removed and added my hard drive and now it is asking for bitlocker key which I am not sure.Could you help me with this to avoid loosing my data.Thanks for your help...
  8. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up nd not sure since it is being used since 2018. My just removed and added my hard drive and now it is asking for bitlocker key which I am not sure.Could you help me with this to avoid loosing my data.Thanks for your help...
  9. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: I bought new computer installed win 11, and when I try to use Window defender to scan my computer offline, I found out my computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided in the computer is not the right key. The representative in Lenovo...
  10. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: I bought new computer installed win 11, and when I try to use Window defender to scan my computer offline, I found out my computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided in the computer is not the right key. The representative in Lenovo...