Windows 10: How do you remove USB write protection

Discus and support How do you remove USB write protection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copied files to a usb drive and transferred to another computer. When I went to delete the files on the USB Drive it said it was Write Protected. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James MShannon, Aug 10, 2019.

1. How do you remove USB write protection

I copied files to a usb drive and transferred to another computer. When I went to delete the files on the USB Drive it said it was Write Protected. I attempted to reformat and received the same Write Protected message.

Is there a way to remove the Write Protection from the USB Drive?

:)

James MShannon, Aug 10, 2019
  2. freebird_9924, Aug 10, 2019
  3. yahanna Win User
    How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?

I did all that. After I entered, "ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY", I didnt get a prompt stating that the write protect has been removed. But the command prompt stated that disk attributes cleared successfully.

But when I tried to format the USB drive I get a pop up window stating that its still write-protected. Do you have any other suggestions?

yahanna, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Grom0X Win User

How do you remove USB write protection

How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?

Please look at this Remove Write Protection from USB Drive in Windows 10/8/7

Grom0X, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

How do you remove USB write protection

1. How do you remove USB write protection - Similar Threads - remove USB write

2. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb Write Protected: I can not delete or copy anything on my usb it sasy write protected its even did same to my phones external storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-write-protected/93973814-ac33-4479-a0c8-b87845914fb6"
  3. remove write-protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  4. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Write Protected: Hi there I have an issue with a usb stick I don't no how it got write protected but I cant format it or anything.i have tried the disk part with cmd and it doesn't work and the disk registry doesn't work either must I throw it away?I don't no if it has something to do...
  5. How do I remove write-protection from my USB Stick?

How do I remove write-protection from my USB Stick?: I run Windows 10 and here is my problem that started today. Everytime I go to put something on my USB Flash Drive I get a message saying: "The disk is write protected" -- Remove the write protection or use another disk.This just started today and I tried another USB stick and...
  6. Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protected USB: Hi, Yesterday I just bought a HP 32gb flash drive. And when I tried to connect it with my laptop, immediately It shows a pop up message to Format the USB first, tried formatting it with the default method (by right clicking and selecting the format option) . then it...
  7. The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection: Hi I just join my computer with autopilot and mi HDD of storage don't allow me to write for permission, I try modify permission from properties ->security->advance option and nothing, I try with cmd with the comand diskpart --> attributes disk clear readonly and nothing....
  8. Remove write protection

Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...
  9. How to write-protect USB pen?

How to write-protect USB pen?: Hi. I'd like to write protect my usb pen drive (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) but it has got no hardware switch. Is there any way to w/protect it via Windows 10 software? Thank you! Joe 84174
  10. How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?

How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?: I got a USB drive from HP with Windows 10 as a recovery. I'm trying to remove the write-protect on it and tried many ways but I cant. Is there a way to do it? 75257