Windows 10: How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?

Discus and support How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am looking to clean up my hard drive and want to know how to remove Windows error reporting files and where I can find them to delete them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Il Padrino 001, Jun 13, 2021.

1. How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?

I am looking to clean up my hard drive and want to know how to remove Windows error reporting files and where I can find them to delete them.

:)

Il Padrino 001, Jun 13, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 13, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?

Can not find script file error

Hello,

This could be due to a missing script file or that an application is causing the error. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you locate or navigate to the location listed in the error and see if the file it is looking for is there. If you are
    unable to locate the file, an application is causing this error to pop-up. If that is the case, we suggest that you boot your PC in Safe Mode and see if the error still pops up. You may follow the steps on this
    link on how to start your PC in Safe Mode.

If the problem does not exist in Safe Mode, we would know that an application is causing the error. However, if the problem is presented while in Safe Mode, the problem may be caused by Windows itself.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?

1. How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located? - Similar Threads - remove error reporting

2. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  3. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  4. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do you remove these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you remove these?: [ATTACH] how do you remove those in the dropdown? i dont even know what to call them. https://preview.redd.it/f51p1kpw69c61.png?width=637&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca60fd1a7456a6df4f03fe6d2f9d21d4d72a2992 submitted by /u/YoBoiAvi482 [link] [comments]...
  6. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  7. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  8. where do you find the location of the lock screen photos

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    where do you find the location of the lock screen photos: where do you find the location of the lock screen photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-find-the-location-of-the-lock-screen/ac49c308-d1fc-4202-852a-4f97c774e07c
  9. where do you report technicians

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where do you report technicians: I have had a nightmare of three different techies leaving me while my pc is remotely controlled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-report-technicians/43b135bc-9177-4900-9e68-02d2a42bd8aa
  10. How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree: In WIN7 and WIN 8.1 once I opened a windows explorer program (I have one for my videos and another for my LAN cloud server) they would open where I last closed them. This expedited copying/moving files from one explorer window to another. In Windows 10 file explorer always...