Windows 10: How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry

Discus and support How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My question is does Windows 10 update ever clean the System Registry? Or is all of your old data left there forever? I believe my Desktop's, System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jim Guth, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry

My question is does Windows 10 update ever clean the System Registry? Or is all of your old data left there forever?

I believe my Desktop's, System Registry is corrupt with old data that is no longer used on my PC. I wouldn't doubt that there is data there from way back to my Windows 7 installation.

So, I want to clean my entire System Registry.

" Does a clean install also clean the system registry ? "

Please a yes or no will do!

:)

Jim Guth, Oct 23, 2019

2. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, Oct 23, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 23, 2019
  4. How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry

Edge corrupted possibly by a trojan, settings menu does not work properly

Hi Dan,

To resolve the issue, we suggest that you check for corrupted Windows system files. System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that scans for corrupted Windows system files. If it finds a problem, it will try to replace the problematic system files
    from a cached version that’s on your PC. If SFC can’t replace the files, the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM) can check the corrupted files then download and replace the files through Windows Update.

To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
    • Do one of the following, depending on the results of the scan:
      • If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.
      • If SFC doesn’t find corrupted files or finds corrupted files but can’t replace them, try using the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM).

For more info about System File Checker, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

To use the Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM), follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space between dism.exe and / and each switch (/)).
    • If DISM finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

Note: You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM, and it might take several minutes to finish.

For more info about DISM, see
    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry

1. How do you replace a possible corrupt System Registry - Similar Threads - replace possible corrupt

2. How do i replace regedit to another registry iditor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i replace regedit to another registry iditor?: I'm trying a way replacing regedit.exe to another Registry Editor with "Image File Execution"reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\regedit.exe" /f /v Debugger /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\Registry...
  3. How do I fix "The configuration registry database is corrupt."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix "The configuration registry database is corrupt.": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/laffi_duck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6nxx2/how_do_i_fix_the_configuration_registry_database/
  4. How do you replace a folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you replace a folder in Win 10: When I try to paste a folder where there is already a folder of the same name, instead of replacing the folder that's there, windows now "merges" the folders. I at least set it so that it tells me. But how do you actually replace the folder with the new one? The box that...
  5. System not working due to corrupted files and registry

System not working due to corrupted files and registry: Hi MS team, I am having an issue with my windows 10 system. I am not able to update or install any software like MS Office the reason is due to corrupted files and registers available I tried to use all too like chckdisk sfc /scannow or dism but no use even they are not...
  6. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    how do you delete a display driver and replace?: I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't...
  7. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do you delete a display driver and replace?: I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't...
  8. How do you fix corrupt files?

How do you fix corrupt files?: I ran a Sfc scan in command prompt and it says 'Windows Resourse Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them' how do i fix the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-corrupt-files/72fe6d77-207b-458d-8aff-594a96697bd0
  9. possible registry corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    possible registry corruption: Hi, so today I installed a trial version of Vegas video editing software. I tried it out and, it wasn't what I was expecting so I immediately uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I saw all the files still in my C drive so I went and did a system restore. Unfortunately it got...
  10. Corrupted registry....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted registry....: I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) I have tried everything. Booting from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you replace i8042HDR i registry

2. find and replace corrupt registry windows 10