Windows 10: how do you reset logon password when you can't remember initial password?

Discus and support how do you reset logon password when you can't remember initial password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My neice had set up a new Lenovo Ideapad 110S laptop really quickly, & unfortunately forgot the initial login password. It has Windows 10 Home loaded.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JSuozzi, Feb 3, 2019.

1. JSuozzi Win User

how do you reset logon password when you can't remember initial password?

My neice had set up a new Lenovo Ideapad 110S laptop really quickly, & unfortunately forgot the initial login password. It has Windows 10 Home loaded. Is there a way to reset it if you can't remember the initial password? Is there an default Admin logon account she can try ? If so what is that password?

:)

JSuozzi, Feb 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 3, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. how do you reset logon password when you can't remember initial password? - Similar Threads - reset logon password

2. How do you reset a Microsoft Live password when you do not have enough information...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you reset a Microsoft Live password when you do not have enough information...: I am trying to help my 89 year old step-father to get into his Microsoft Live account. He has probably only ever signed into this thing once in the last 10 years and cannot remember the password.We have filled out the recovery form - which has reported that 'not enough...
  3. How do you reset a Microsoft Live password when you do not have enough information...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you reset a Microsoft Live password when you do not have enough information...: I am trying to help my 89 year old step-father to get into his Microsoft Live account. He has probably only ever signed into this thing once in the last 10 years and cannot remember the password.We have filled out the recovery form - which has reported that 'not enough...
  4. How do you reset a Microsoft Live password when you do not have enough information...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  6. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  7. How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?: I forgot my windows password and there's no forgot password option at settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-your-windows-password-when-you/c27d688c-51ca-4635-b98e-694d53b633e5
  8. How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?

How do you reset your windows password when you forgot your password?: I forgot my windows password and there's no forgot password option at settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reset-your-windows-password-when-you/c27d688c-51ca-4635-b98e-694d53b633e5
  9. How Do You Reset Administrator Password on Windows 10?

How Do You Reset Administrator Password on Windows 10?: Are you trying to access the same admin account which you have been using for a very long time? And every time you input the password, the access is shown to be denying?What If I Lose the Administrator Password Windows 10?Once you lose it, you literally lose access to...
  10. How do you reset your homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you reset your homegroup password?: How do you reset your homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-reset-your-homegroup-password/e165dc6b-5c15-4036-8c0e-701bea71a646