Windows 10: How do you reset your HWID ?

Discus and support How do you reset your HWID ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can you elaborate step by step on doing so please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oVinnyAmazin, Dec 6, 2018.

1. How do you reset your HWID ?

Can you elaborate step by step on doing so please?

:)

oVinnyAmazin, Dec 6, 2018

2. windows 10 HWID reset

my brother was changing my hwid in regedit and now i can't open my CMD and all programs says u need a HWID reset so plzz how to get back my HWID?

noahcavanagh, Dec 6, 2018
  3. HWID changed after Win10 reset

I recently reset my Win10 whilst retained the personal folders and files.

Subsequently I found one programme cannot function quoting HWID difference.

I used 'gethwid' to check then found that HWID indeed changed.

However I didn't change any hardwares and merely reset Win10 itself. Is it normal that HWID got changed under this circumstance?

Am I able to restore my previous HWID?

Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Cohiba12345, Dec 6, 2018
  4. How do you reset your HWID ?

HWID changed after Win10 reset

Hi,

Yes, the HWID shouldn't change after reset and that's what I expected but it changed.

I used a programme called 'gethwid' to get HWID. And the second, third, fourth, fifth and eighth set among eight sets are changed.

Thank you for your advice and I shall use Feedback Hub to raise my issue.

Cohiba12345, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How do you reset your HWID ?

1. How do you reset your HWID ? - Similar Threads - reset HWID

2. my pc keeps resetting. wondering if any1 can fix my issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc keeps resetting. wondering if any1 can fix my issue: so a for a while my pc keeps resetting and i have reinstalled windows multiple times. before it would just reset but now im getting a dpc watchdog violation. i have looked online but nothing has been working i checked the event viewer and this is what i got. The computer...
  3. Factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset my laptop: [IMG]Hey all, I factory reset my laptop because i was going to be selling it to my brother and i wanted eveeytbing cleared off of it. Well, when i went to get it all ready for my brother i figured out im in an endless loop. The computer is telling me that it needs an update...
  4. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  5. Windows 10 reset deleted my files and half of external HD backup gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reset deleted my files and half of external HD backup gone: Hi everyone! I had to reset Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5537 15R. It reset back to windows 8.01 after many hours. I realised I couldn't see any of my files even thought I had selected the option to preserve personal files + pics + other folders. I tried to use Dell...
  6. Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!

Reseting this PC 14% for 12 hours!!!!!: I put my Windows to reset how lomg does it take ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reseting-this-pc-14-for-12-hours/e6b18ae9-7831-4543-a1fc-fc61b3eeddca
  7. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Factory Reset: how do I factory reset my asus ROG laptop? F9’is not working when i restart or turn off and turn back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset/1bfe555d-73f2-465f-86f5-bb9b023f57c4
  8. Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?: This is so much more complicated than it needs to be, but here goes: I want to set up fingerprint reading on Windows 10. However, in order to do so, I need to enter my PIN. I forgot my PIN, but in order to reset my PIN, I need to enter my PIN. How am I supposed to do...
  9. My computer has lost everything and cannot troubleshoot because it won’t reset

My computer has lost everything and cannot troubleshoot because it won’t reset: Cannot reboot or trobleshoot my computer. Won’t repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-lost-everything-and-cannot/896d91dc-2d65-4477-a7fb-b631f8e066a5
  10. windows 10 HWID reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 HWID reset: my brother was changing my hwid in regedit and now i can't open my CMD and all programs says u need a HWID reset so plzz how to get back my HWID?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hot to reset hwid

2. HWID.log