Windows 10: How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried...

Discus and support How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Accidentally saved over a document on excel after clearing the contents. Have tried version history with no luck. There must be a way to retrieve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wander-and-wonder, Nov 21, 2020.

1. How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried...

Accidentally saved over a document on excel after clearing the contents. Have tried version history with no luck. There must be a way to retrieve the document. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/wander-and-wonder
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wander-and-wonder, Nov 21, 2020
  2. LizMummy Win User

Windows 10. I can't save an excel sheet

So I've created a small, very simple excel spreadsheet. Click Save As. It produces a list of destinations including Documents, Desktop etc. I click on documents and get precisely nothing. No error message. No co-operation. Any suggestions?

LizMummy, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried...

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried...

1. How do you retrieve an excel document which you have saved over by accident? Already tried... - Similar Threads - retrieve excel document

2. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  3. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You do not have permission to save to this location": Hello I am on windows 10 and whenever I try to save something to my computer it tells me "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? [Yes] [No]" I am the sole...
  4. "You do not have permission to save to this location"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explain what you already tried.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explain what you already tried.: Explain what you already tried. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explain-what-you-already-tried/a5e699da-b89b-4cba-9afb-18deae095ec8
  6. How do you redeem a code for a game you already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you redeem a code for a game you already own?: So I have wanted to get minecraft on my pc, and I had an extra code laying around. I tried using that code For minecraft, a game I own on my xbox, and it said I already had it and to download it from my library. I try to, but there is an error sign, how do I fix this?...
  7. how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad

how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad: how to retrieve a saved over document that was in word pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-saved-over-document-in-word-pad/39b4cf16-9300-40a5-8f76-dea08e7b58b7
  8. Retrieve an excel document

Retrieve an excel document: Lost an excel document in error by overwriting, no previous version showing in properties of the blank replacement. Is there any way of getting it back from Windows 10? lots of data, graphs etc so not happy Thanks...
  9. how do you save on the notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you save on the notepad: how do you save on the notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/how-do-you-save-on-the-notepad/e9f691ad-3257-4249-839e-24245a96efff
  10. You do not have permission to save in this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You do not have permission to save in this location: Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can...