Windows 10: How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd

Discus and support How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my ssd just failed, it had my os on it. I ordered another ssd to replace it.. but how do i retrieve my copy of windows? What would be the identifier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/njs1787, Jun 9, 2020.

1. How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd

So my ssd just failed, it had my os on it. I ordered another ssd to replace it.. but how do i retrieve my copy of windows? What would be the identifier i need to provide to get it back? This is a custom pc build not store bought.

submitted by /u/njs1787
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/njs1787, Jun 9, 2020
  2. mstenholm Win User

Is my SSD dead?

It happened about a month ago so I'm can't remember the exact details of how it died. I think I restarted the PC and the message was there I had no OS. Today I popped in my mirrored HD and was up running. I hocked up the SSD and restarted the PC but no sign of the SSD. Power is on (Zalman “hot swap” case has a power LED for each disk). I tried to find it in DOS but the drive is no where to be found. Any suggestions for a next step? It 1½ month past RMA but the important thing is to retrieve some of the files.

Transcend 120 GB, part of the Noisy one in my sig

mstenholm, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd

1. How do you retrieve windows10 from broken ssd - Similar Threads - retrieve windows10 broken

2. how to retrieve my windows10 key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to retrieve my windows10 key: how to retrieve my windows10 key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-my-windows10-key/68b583b5-d176-4811-840e-44e91381a7e0
  3. how to retrieve my windows10 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to retrieve my windows10 key: how to retrieve my windows10 key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-my-windows10-key/68b583b5-d176-4811-840e-44e91381a7e0
  4. how to retrieve my windows10 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?: My 11 year old computer will not boot due to "Bad System Config Info". I've tried System Restore, tried Resetting This PC, tried restarting in safe mode but no joy. I have just completed a new pc build with an Intel i7 13700 and a Z790 motherboard and would like to install...
  6. How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?: My laptop crashed windows and I then installed windows 11 again. So it stored my data into USMT format and I watched videos trying to restore but they all fail. The data is in a hard drive and the following is the directory:D:>do_not_delete>USMT>migstore>apps>USMT>USMT>MIG...
  7. How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?

How do you retrieve information from USMT format ?: My laptop crashed windows and I then installed windows 11 again. So it stored my data into USMT format and I watched videos trying to restore but they all fail. The data is in a hard drive and the following is the directory:D:>do_not_delete>USMT>migstore>apps>USMT>USMT>MIG...
  8. Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10. How do I retrieve it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10. How do I retrieve it.: Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10, and now I can't open jpeg photographs in one of my folders. In both Adobe Photoshop and Windows Photos, I get an error stating in photoshop that an error has occurred in the program or in Windows Photos it doesn't support this file...
  9. Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10. How do I retrieve it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10. How do I retrieve it.: Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10, and now I can't open jpeg photographs in one of my folders. In both Adobe Photoshop and Windows Photos, I get an error stating in photoshop that an error has occurred in the program or in Windows Photos it doesn't support this file...
  10. Somehow #Root was removed from Windows10. How do I retrieve it.