Windows 10: How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10?

Discus and support How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two internal Hard drives with windows 10 installed on both one is brand new and is there in case the Primary drive crashes, can I set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeRodak1, May 18, 2021.

1. How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10?

I have two internal Hard drives with windows 10 installed on both one is brand new and is there in case the Primary drive crashes, can I set the computer to just use the primary drive without using the new one or do I just unplug the new one?

:)

GeorgeRodak1, May 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 18, 2021
  3. Sichuan Win User
    Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive

I have a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64. I upgraded my 500GB internal secondary drive to a 1TB drive. I did not do a quick format of this new 1TB but rather did the full, longer format. The new, upgraded 1TB secondary drive was made active and assigned the drive letter D, which is the same drive letter as the original 500GB internal secondary drive. I don't have any problems accessing this new 1TB Drive D but I notice a problem with the drive listings in Computer Management.

I know that Drive C is the OS drive and is marked Disk 0 and that my internal secondary Drive D should be marked as Disk 1. However, the internal secondary drive is listed twice, once as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting) and also as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition). I think I made a mistake during the initial formatting when I chose quick format and then cancelled the operation, instead selecting the full format.

I believe that my new, internal secondary drive should be marked in Computer Management as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition). How do I remove the extra listing "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting), which is the third listing down from the top? I don't know why is still shows as "Formatting" because when I attempt to cancel this listing it tells me that it is already formatted.

I have attached a screenshot of my Computer Management window. You can disregard "New Volume F" as this is an external 1TB drive that I use as a backup for my Drive D and also to store a redundant copy of an Acronis full backup of Drive C. I am currently transferring the information from my old 500 GB Secondary Drive D which I had previously copied to New Volume F, from the New Volume F drive to my new 1TBSecondary Drive D, the one listed as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition).

How do I remove the extra listing "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting) and if I remove it will the listing now shown as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition) be relisted as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition) or will it still be listed as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition)? I can't find any way to delete "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting)" and I don't know if I will cause problems by deleting it. In any event, I have an extra drive listing in Computer Management that should not be there.

I have also attached a screenshot of how these drives are listed on my computer under "This PC" in the Start Menu. I could be wrong, but I believe that my internal secondary drive should be listed as Local Disk D.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sichuan, May 18, 2021
  4. lvr181 Win User

How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10?

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, May 18, 2021
Thema:

How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10?

1. How do you reverse the internal Primary hard drive with the Secondary in windows 10? - Similar Threads - reverse internal Primary

2. How to swap letters between disk drives Primary and secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to swap letters between disk drives Primary and secondary drive?: Hello. I need some help with my windows and drives. In total I have now 3 drives. C:, B:, and E:. The B: drive is the one I installed today. It is an M.2 4TB SSD. After I installed it, I created a GPT partition which worked fine. I then used AOMEI Backupper, to copy all the...
  3. Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?: I have a laptop which won't boot due to a 'bad system config info' error.I also have a new desktop I'm building with a new SSD which I'll use as the primary drive. If I take out the primary SSD from my old laptop, and put it into my new desktop computer as a secondary drive...
  4. Cant open most programs on Secondary Hard Drive used to be primary

Cant open most programs on Secondary Hard Drive used to be primary: I recently got a new SSD for my computer to run windows and other highly used programs. Unfortunately the space used on the secondary old drive exceeded the SSD so I had to reinstall windows. After doing this everything worked fine except I found none of the programs on the...
  5. How to change Primary and Secondary monitor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Primary and Secondary monitor on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a dual monitor setup and you want to change primary and secondary monitor on Windows 10, here is what you can do. There is no need to install any third-party software since it is possible to get [...] This post How to change Primary and Secondary...
  6. How do I unlock internal hard drive

How do I unlock internal hard drive: Enter the 48 digit recovery key, but "a valid usb key wasn't detected." My computer was repaired. This is the internal drive I took out during repair. Now I put the drive back in and it is bitlocked. The C drive where Windows 10 is loaded works fine. larry...
  7. How do I move a secondary OS partition to a new hard drive without moving the primary one?

How do I move a secondary OS partition to a new hard drive without moving the primary one?: Hello. I have a bit of a unique situation. I just now got a 3 TB hard drive I plan to run Virtual Machines on. On the existing 1 TB hard drive that came with my Dell XPS 8900, I have a dual-boot setup with Windows 10 (OEM install) and Windows 7 (manual install). The Win10...
  8. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  9. Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive

Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive: I have a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64. I upgraded my 500GB internal secondary drive to a 1TB drive. I did not do a quick format of this new 1TB but rather did the full, longer format. The new, upgraded 1TB secondary drive was made active and assigned...
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...