Windows 10: How do you save your desktop icon placement?

Discus and support How do you save your desktop icon placement? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's been a while but has happened twice in the past couple weeks that my desktop icons were rearranged, one was due to a recent windows update I read,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UnseasonedBeef, Feb 21, 2020.

1. How do you save your desktop icon placement?

It's been a while but has happened twice in the past couple weeks that my desktop icons were rearranged, one was due to a recent windows update I read, and that one removed some, if not all, of my icons, I don't remember exactly. And just a day or 2 ago my icons were randomly scattered, don't recall what was going on at the time that happened. Is there a way to stop this from happening, or do I have to find some third party software to do something that would seem a good option for windows to include that is unless there already is?

:)

UnseasonedBeef, Feb 21, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

It will not happen if you wish to have a second desktop or expand the desktop. Also all of those icons that you have on your desktop will always change their placement and swap around. Suggest clean that up first before you decide if you want to extend the desktop or create a second desktop.

bro67, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 21, 2020
  4. How do you save your desktop icon placement?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

How do you save your desktop icon placement?

1. How do you save your desktop icon placement? - Similar Threads - save desktop icon

2. How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU: Hi! I Was Wondering How To Change My Power Saving GPU To An Intel GPU Not A Nvidia One, Thanks! Sorry My Picture Would Not Upload But It Is Located In System>Display>Graphics And Then Clicking On Any Game Will Not Show Up With An Intel Option For Power Saving...
  3. How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU: Hi! I Was Wondering How To Change My Power Saving GPU To An Intel GPU Not A Nvidia One, Thanks! Sorry My Picture Would Not Upload But It Is Located In System>Display>Graphics And Then Clicking On Any Game Will Not Show Up With An Intel Option For Power Saving...
  4. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  5. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  6. how do you change the size of icon on the desktop

how do you change the size of icon on the desktop: change icon size on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-size-of-icon-on-the-desktop/ee4e2c6e-9c67-4c56-92dc-4b6da249cd49
  7. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  8. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  9. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...
  10. Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?: Hey guys, This is a strange one. Yes, I know my desktop is messy. But that's not really the point. I made a short 1-minute video showing the problem, and it's much easier to show that way than trying to explain in writing and screenshots. See below: IBsmW6nishU...