Windows 10: How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

Discus and support How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried the Everything tool and it is very fast, but it doesn't search in, for example, my Documents folder, for terms (words) within, for example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mihaelamanaila1, Dec 27, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

Interesting- Locate32 does this e.g. for rtf docs on mine, but not doc types, for example.

How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt [​IMG]

How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt [​IMG]

- as you can see, 1 find if unique text is specified.

These tools are only designed for search in simple text documents - for content search you need to use file explorer (Windows) search with content indexing enabled, and the ifilters appropriate for the types of interest installed.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

1. How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt - Similar Threads - search disk files

2. How do I search for files based on types? not extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search for files based on types? not extension: Hi. I want to search where I saved my screen record files which I forgetunfortunately, I can't remember in which format it was saved. So I need my search feature to search for any video created by this month.How do I do this? So not just one specific format like mp4/flv, etc,...
  3. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  4. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  5. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  6. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  7. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you define search kind extensions for searches?: How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as well as .jpg, .gif etc So, how do you tell Windows, which file extensions constitute a picture (or any other file extension...
  9. Trying to search for .txt file

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to search for .txt file: Hi folks, Windows 10 64 bit sys I am in dire need of everyones help please! A couple years back I created a .txt file on my pc, now trouble is that I forgot the name of the file and I forgot where I put it. Im just after some ways I can try search my entire PC effectively...
  10. How do you change a game log to txt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you change a game log to txt: I need to change a game log that I downloaded to txt How do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-a-game-log-to-txt/54b5777f-a31c-47b5-bc02-600f8d672537"