Windows 10: How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?

Discus and support How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I sometimes need to use a 3G USB dongle to connect to the Internet. Windows 10 sees it as a dial-up connection and does not give me any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dckirba, May 26, 2016.

1. dckirba Win User

How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?

Hi Guys,

I sometimes need to use a 3G USB dongle to connect to the Internet. Windows 10 sees it as a dial-up connection and does not give me any option to set the connection to a metered one. Since this connection is capped at just 2 GB, I really do need to set it up as a metered connection or I'll be paying out of bundle rates in a couple of weeks.

I chatted with a Microsoft help representative, but was told there was no such feature available at the moment. Do any of you have any workarounds for this issue?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Best,

:)

dckirba, May 26, 2016
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

MTS Mblaze Data Card not working in Version1703

Hi Avinash,

What we are going to do is to reset the settings of all USB port where we connect the 3G Dongle.

Please check this link
    and follow Method 3 which will guide you on how to uninstall USB controllers. After following the steps, restart your computer then re-connect the 3G USB dongle.

Please let us know the result and if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 26, 2016
  3. rhas---01 Win User
    nokia 5230 using USB wifi dongle

I am hoping to connect a USB wifi dongle to my phone so that I can connect to my home network, without using the phone's 3g.

Does anyone know what settings to use to set up the wifi? Will the phone recognize the USB dongle? What will appear on the screen?

Any help will be welcome.

rhas---01, May 26, 2016
Thema:

How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered?

1. How do you set a 3g USB dongle's connection to metered? - Similar Threads - set USB dongle's

2. Unable to set connection as "metered"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set connection as "metered": Problem: I connect to a WiFi network, then I open connection settings and set the connection to metered. When I go back to connection settings, the metered connection toggle switch is in "off state". The problem isn't specific to a connection, I've tried on multiple...
  3. Set metered connection as default?

Set metered connection as default?: Hi! Is there away to set metered connections as the default, rather than having to remember to set each new network as metered? (It seems I use a lot of different networks, and as soon as I connect to one that I have forgotten to set as metered - BAM! Windows wrecks my...
  4. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  5. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  6. Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720

Cannot connect to internet with 3G dongle :ERROR ID 720: Why is it that on my Windows 10 PC, when I try to connect to the internet with a 3G dongle, it says : ERROR ID : 720. After I minute automate to connect to internet. However, the same dongle works fine on a PC running Windows 8.1 What does the error message mean? How do...
  7. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home insider preview Single Language, with 1803 version, OS Build is 17692.1004 It was updated to this Build on 09/07/2018. After this update I am unable to find an option. I use cellular data which is limited so I always used it as a metered...
  8. How to set PDAnet as metered connection?

How to set PDAnet as metered connection?: I am trying to meter a connection on my laptop. It's a little different, not sure if you can help. I have the creator's update and did go in and set my ethernet to metered and it shows as such. I have also set most of the wifi's I use the same (there's a couple that I don't...
  9. set metered connection is not activate

set metered connection is not activate: hi i am trying to active set metered connection in my setting , when i active it and leave setting and return it switched to OFF again i tried this way " netsh wlan set profileparameter name=dlink_DWR-932_6789 cost=fixed " and it shows " Profile "dlink_DWR-932_6789"...
  10. How to set a connection as non-metered?

How to set a connection as non-metered?: Hi, I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 and I am using a Huawei modem E173 to connect to internet. The problem is that the connection is set as metered and I cant install any updates and also the connection drops frequently. How to solve these problems? Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Set 3G usb as metered win10

2. set usb dongle as metered

3. how to solve 3g dongle unable to connected