Windows 10: How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume?

Discus and support How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you set multimedia keys to affect the volume of another audio source or music player's volume?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BennyBenX, Sep 1, 2020.

1. BennyBenX Win User

How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume?

How do you set multimedia keys to affect the volume of another audio source or music player's volume?

:)

BennyBenX, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Volume Question for Music Players

Have you tried messing with these settings?

How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2020
  3. evsymbian Win User
    N95 Volume Key, Music Multimedia Key & Battery Drain How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume? :mad:

My volume keys (camera zoom keys) on the side of the phone work intermittently. They don't work for a day or so then fine for a few days and so on.

When the volume keys dont work I also notice the following:

- "Press Unlock to activate keypad" keeps appearing when the keypad is locked without me touching the phone

- cant adjust volume in calls (except using the centre navi key)

- cant zoom in/out in camera

- music multimedia buttons dont (play, pause, fwd, rwd, stop)

- music multimedia button does not launch music player

- battery runs out very quickly; energy profiler shows phone uses over 1w instead of 0.2w it normally runs at.

I have the latest V21 firmware installed.

Any ideas?

evsymbian, Sep 1, 2020
  4. tjsepka Win User

How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume?

Audio sources default / startup volume

The audio is integrated on my Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 motherboard and is listed as Realtek ALC 892 8-channel high definition audio CODEC. The problem occurs randomly, but I think I sometimes see a correlation with opening a new browser tab. I run both Firefox and Chrome concurrently, and both are up-to-date. The last time it seemed to have occurred with opening a new tab in Firefox, but as I said, it often happens randomly. Event viewer is not logging any Firefox or Chrome errors.

From the crash information I posted above, it appears that it is a Windows fault rather than an application as suggested by the error fault information, which is why I'm looking for a possible work around. Event viewer show the earliest error occurred on 4/14/2017 and was uploaded via error reporting to Microsoft. I was hoping to find a way to keep the affected input channels from coming back on to the (loud!) speaker level I use for other other audio input sources. The volume mixer's channels come back on to the speaker level setting, not to the top end of the channel's volume slider. Not all slider volumes are affected when this happens. The line in channel always does it, but system sounds and email (Thunderbird) channels are usually not affected.

tjsepka, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you set multimedia keys to affect another audio source or music player's volume? - Similar Threads - set multimedia keys

2. how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you enable the volume and brightness F keys: i have a victus gaming laptop and i downgraded it to windows 10 because of somthing that i dont like about windows 1 and the f keys have like small settings like volume and brightness but for some reason its not enabled and i dont know how to enable it....
  3. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  4. Multimedia Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multimedia Player: Hello, My multimedia files default player is "MPC-HC". A day or two ago it stopped playing .swf files. I did not uninstall the Adobe flash player yet. Searched the internet - could not find an answer, so I'm asking the experts. (Well, its not a windows direct issue) Answers...
  5. Volume Question for Music Players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Question for Music Players: Alright this only has been happening to me since i bought Windows 10. Version - 1909 (OS Build - 18363.720) And i have tried several options, but no matter what happens it never fixes my problem. And my problem is, Whenever i run another program, pc games, etc. The Audio...
  6. Multimedia Keys

Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....
  7. Audio volume on Groove Music

Audio volume on Groove Music: Is there some way to change the default volume from 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-on-groove-music/1f0c63c5-93e0-4128-bc1c-6833f5842b62
  8. Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change: I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having...
  9. Audio sources default / startup volume

Audio sources default / startup volume: Is there a way to set the audio sources default / startup volumes? Some of my audio sources come up with their level set to my output device's level, rather than a value that I would prefer to be able to set. It appears the root cause for the levels doing is a Windows...
  10. What audio player do you use?

What audio player do you use?: What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any suggestion? 46945