Windows 10: How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree

Discus and support How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In WIN7 and WIN 8.1 once I opened a windows explorer program (I have one for my videos and another for my LAN cloud server) they would open where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chasman15, Aug 4, 2015.

1. chasman15 Win User

How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree

In WIN7 and WIN 8.1 once I opened a windows explorer program (I have one for my videos and another for my LAN cloud server) they would open where I last closed them. This expedited copying/moving files from one explorer window to another. In Windows 10 file explorer always defaults to the left hand corner of my monitor and not like I want - one on the left and one on the right. They all open on the left (I know, I know - I can slide the one to the right and then they are as I describe but . . . . . . ). Example below. Thanks.

How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree [​IMG]

:)

chasman15, Aug 4, 2015

2. how do you set the author for a data file (not a pdf or music or office document). You could under win 7 but I cant find out how to in win 10

use to be able to set the author at smd level. No luck in win 10. tried over 20 programs nothing works. Any ideas?

mikeayotte, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    how do you set the author for a data file (not a pdf or music or office document). You could under win 7 but I cant find out how to in win 10

Hi Mike,

For better assistance, can you provide a sample of the data file you want set the author and its screenshots?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree

1. How do you set the location for where file explorer opens on the scree - Similar Threads - set location where

2. How do you fix the problem where if you click a key it opens your file explorer and shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix the problem where if you click a key it opens your file explorer and shows...: When I click any button on my keyboard, it opens file explorer and shows me that my data storage is almost full. I don’t know if it’s related, but just a bit ago, a program was opening telling me to connect to Wi-Fi because I disconnect it at night. Is this normal?...
  3. How do you fix the problem where if you click a key it opens your file explorer and shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix the problem where if you click a key it opens your file explorer and shows...: When I click any button on my keyboard, it opens file explorer and shows me that my data storage is almost full. I don’t know if it’s related, but just a bit ago, a program was opening telling me to connect to Wi-Fi because I disconnect it at night. Is this normal?...
  4. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  5. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to location where you opened a file: When closing a file that I opened in a directory, I want to Return to that same location where I opened a file when I decide to close the file. Microsoft used to do this by default and now I can not keep track of what I am trying to accomplish if I am constantly dumped to...
  6. How to return to location where you opened a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  8. How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you remove windows error reporting files? and where are they located?: I am looking to clean up my hard drive and want to know how to remove Windows error reporting files and where I can find them to delete them....
  9. Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do microsoft store's game file located in file explorer: I **** up in random game on microsoft store and i reinstall it but game save on it own and continue as if i never uninstall it, how do i find those game's file and delete it? * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified...
  10. Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is ms-settings: located in file explorer?: I’m trying to customize something within my windows 10 settings, but I cannot find ms-settings anywhere. submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3w0a3/where_is_mssettings_located_in_file_explorer/